By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSMB has now outsold Pokemon Diamond / Pearl...

Advance Wars Dual Strike is the best game on DS.

I wish people would stop buying NSMB so Nintendo can release a Part 2 based on Super Mario Bros 3 (complete with Hammer Brother suit, frog suit, etc). Maybe I should start an online petition for people to stop buying the game.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Whu- what? Really? That's cool, quite a feat. Then again, the Pokémon games have been selling less and less with every incarnation of the series. A lot too.

Also, NSMB is fantastic. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Whu- what? Really? That's cool, quite a feat. Then again, the Pokémon games have been selling less and less with every incarnation of the series. A lot too.

Also, NSMB is fantastic. :)

Not quite. Diamond and Pearl outsold the Advance era of Pokemon.

They did? Oh, hey yeah, that's cool, didn't know, last time I checked they hadn't. Well, good then. :) Still, it's a long shot from Red/Blue's 30 million+ sales.

Oh yeah definitely. I don't know if another Pokemon will ever match up to the original in terms of popularity - I guess back then people were more likely to buy multiple copies? Still, if the trend continues then the next generation of Pokemon might even outsell Gold and Silver.

Around the Network

Yeah, I dunno about that either. Well back then they were revolutionary games. Nowadays, not so much. And yeah I guess more people bought multiple copies too, I got Blue and then Yellow when it came out, and I know some friends of mine bought more than one copy as well. Could also be because the userbase back then was bigger? Dunno, I have no idea what the original GB's install base was when R/B came out, compared to the DS' when D/P were released.

And yeah, who knows, the next set of Pokémon games might outsell Gold and Silver, would be nice. :)

Red and blue = best Nintendo handheld game ever. That is all.

NYANKS said:
Red and blue = best Nintendo handheld game ever. That is all.

Blasphemy! That's Link's Awakening.