By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 graphical comparsion: 2007 Vs. 2008(just wow)

I guess the "too much grey" arguement went out the window.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

^^^gurrilla games heard the message loud and clear ;)

Wow, what an improvement. The 2007 screens look really crappy in comparison. Less detail, looks flatter and lifeless and too much grey. Kudos to Guerilla.

If the framerate is stable enough, I might give this a chance.

I hope this game plays as good as it looks.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:

^^^gurrilla games heard the message loud and clear ;)

I guess now the IGN preview is going to become to the next set of excuses against this game.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

@ routsounmanman and perpride

If beta impressions are anything to go by, I think you have nothing to worry about. Especially considering it still has 2+ months to go.

Currently playing:

Here is a comparison that I have done based on the E3 2007 trailer and the footage released today.

As you can see, the images on the left are from E3 2007 and the right are today's images.

The textures, lighting, shading and effects are all much much better.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

just remember the pictures that we are seeing (preview copy) is also 3 months old.

davygee said:

Here is a comparison that I have done based on the E3 2007 trailer and the footage released today.

As you can see, the images on the left are from E3 2007 and the right are today's images.

The textures, lighting, shading and effects are all much much better.

A simple increase in the contrast and color adjustment (among other things) made a HUGE difference.  I take back what I've said about this game.  It is definitely stunning.  Still not interested in it, but I can appreciate it's technical brilliance.