By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Tournament III (PS3 Version) Questions.

The game is definitely kinda dead. I don't play it online simlpy because it's not that active, and the few servers I can get into have massive lag. I only bought it cause it was $20. When it comes to gameplay, UT04 is still better. The only thing UT3 has is graphics.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network
Parasitic said:
The game is definitely kinda dead. I don't play it online simlpy because it's not that active, and the few servers I can get into have massive lag. I only bought it cause it was $20. When it comes to gameplay, UT04 is still better. The only thing UT3 has is graphics.

I hear'd the gameplay was still really fast paced though, and the Online is still "Fairly" alive compare'd to games like Haze and lost planets online modes so....

I heard it's offline is just like practice with bots, and online is dead. Soooo...

Aj_habfan said:
I heard it's offline is just like practice with bots, and online is dead. Soooo...

So your telling me UT3's online is worse then Haze and/or Lost Planets online?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Aj_habfan said:

Well UT3 has more sales and was a much better game so I doubt that... but you passed up R1, R2, or ratchet for this game?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Aj_habfan said:

Well UT3 has more sales and was a much better game so I doubt that... but you passed up R1, R2, or ratchet for this game?

Well, i just checked back and the R1 & R2 Combo Story deal on amazon was sold out already so cross that out.

But yet...i did pick UT3 over R&C: Tools which was on sale for 14 dollars that day...

So in terms of Lost Planet (Which i play) and Haze, do ya think UT3's Online is more "Alive" then the other 2?

you havent played yet?

Max King of the Wild said:
you havent played yet?

No lol, its still coming, i expect it to come tomrrow though, just wonder'n if the online needs some sort of damage control.

I got it a while ago and havent even tried online yet. I've been wanting to but I've been playing other games. My PSN is YoungFamily if anyone wants to play with me. The only thing that sucks is playing too much COD4 online made me tweak my left sticks on both my controllers so I can never stand still on UTIII. I'm constantly running forward.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Parasitic said:

I hear'd the gameplay was still really fast paced though, and the Online is still "Fairly" alive compare'd to games like Haze and lost planets online modes so....

It still has the fast-pace feel that every other UT game has. The online is kinda still "alive", but my main issue was just the horrid lag that makes it almost unplayable. Not sure if it's just my internet, but I never get lag that bad when playing other games. The game is a decent deal I guess, considering how cheap it , but replay value might not last long depending on how much the online issues bother you. I actually don't really play it anymore. I was a UT fan on PC, but the huge thing that made it so awesome was how easy it was to mod/map the whole series. There's a ridiculous amount of user-made content for the entire series on PC. Everytime I played UT1 or UT04, I usually had a bunch of downloaded mods in use. Without all that, the game didn't really last long at all for me. I honestly think it's a much better buy on 360 just for the splitscreen.

I almost forgot to mention - the Assault mode from UT04 was removed. Now the irony is that UT3 was the first one to have a campaign mode with a story - it would've benefitted more from the Assault mode than the other games did.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link