By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trestres said:
Wii sees the largest drop YoY amongst all the consoles. Dropped from 73k to 46k, that's 27k units.

I wonder if next week, Wii sales will be able to rise, or if they will be going down. Just so you know Wii sold 113k in the week ending December 8th in 2007, I believe that next week, the week in 2008 comparable to that in 2007, Wii may see sales of 50-60k.

However last year this week one of the biggest games of all time launched in Japan, Wii Fit. It kind of messes up comparisons a bit.

Around the Network

@Rath: Still last week when AC:CF launched, the Wii sold 15k less than what it did last year, when there was no big game released.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

lazyrider said:
Ail said:
The Wii doesn't seem to be as dominating in Japan as it was 6 months ago were it used to routinely outsell PS3 + Xbox360 by a 3-5 factor...

And yes, it is shaping like Wii peak in Japan will actually be the first year it was released...

Wii has been struggling for some time now to live up to the great numbers posted last year. However, I think it is a little premature to call yet (ie it peaked last year). When we see what Monster Hunter did to the PSP this year, who knows what it could do to the Wii... And Japan is pretty volatile market so anything can happen (looking at the coming months though, one would be hard pressed not to think that PS3 has the brightest short term future).

Could be, though I thought it took MH3 AND a redesign to boost PSP sales, but we will see, still I am doubtfull that the Wii will be able to repeat its first year ( but it could have several years like this year, which really wasn't a bad year for the Wii there).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Good for my triple. Up YoY.

Its really funny interesting to see how it can change so fast, a month ago ps3 struggled against 360 in Japan heck it even struggled to sell more than 5k now its selling average 25k.

On topic. Ds like always crazy sales, great psp sales, good wii and ps3 sales, 360 ok

Around the Network

Awesome week for all. 360 just squeezes out 800k!

trestres said:
@Rath: Still last week when AC:CF launched, the Wii sold 15k less than what it did last year, when there was no big game released.

Yeah, there is no doubt the Wii isn't doing as well in Japan this year.

Best week for comparison is probably next week when the circumstances are pretty similar as far as launches go.

Great job PS3!!

@DMJ: Every console is down YoY save for the 360.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Nice PS3 numbers. ^o^!