By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others Sales up, what happened to Resistance 2???

nordlead said:
DMeisterJ said:
They're low.

Apparently someone said that the game wasn't in wide circulation due to some error in shipments in a few countries, but who knows if that's true or not, I don't live in EU.

Provided that story is false, then it's pretty horrible for the game. But hopefully it'll pull a Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and stay there for a while.

Also, take into consideration that it has only been on sale for 2 days, so you can expect ~ the same results next week as this week rather than the typical 50% drop off.

I think it was the same case with Gears 2, but it still have a very significant drop. R2 might not be front loaded. If it was, its first day sales will significantly outsell the rest of the first week, most likely.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I love this shipment problems, as the reason for R2's poor performance...but considering that it was low in the NA as well, it doesn't fly with me.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Neos said:
You gave the reason in your own post. I think people prefer COD5 above R2 this season. Sales might pick up next year though

With Killzone 2 hitting February, I'm not getting my hopes up.

If Killzone had released alongside Resistance, I'd hate to think how sales would've turned out.

That being said, the game was only on sale for two days, and it will probably sell a bit over 2 million LTD.

World at war took it sales.

THe game isnt in wide circulation in UK ,and I think the EU numbers are made more or less as a projection of the UK data ....so there you have the answer .

Around the Network

Sony's games sell just like their hardware does ;) so no surprises here

Diomedes1976 said:
THe game isnt in wide circulation in UK ,and I think the EU numbers are made more or less as a projection of the UK data ....so there you have the answer .

Even if that was true(which I don't believe for a second, sounds like a N4G "story" to me), it's still an excuse, and it's still damage control.

Damage control is often true. The Wii, last year, didn't sell as much as it could because it was supply constrained. Microsoft didn't sell as many units on black Friday because arcades were supply constrained, ect.

Those things are probably true. Also, besides being true and having a point, they are also damage control, explaining a fact. The fact being R2 sold poorly.

Fact: R2 sold poorly.

True or not, of course there are going to be excuses. Excuses don't change the fact. The fact, by and large, is what people will remember, and what matters.

Stating the excuse is fine, but I just wanted to let you know exactly what you were doing, in case you had any illusions about it.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

fulcizombie said: 

Except that GOW2 was the 3rd fastest xbox360 game in the U.K , even before the bundles appeared , and it will have a glorious November (and December) NPD. The difference is that xbox360 games do REAL numbers in the NPD charts and have high chart places in Europe while sony's ps3 games...do not. I repeat ,after 2 years on the market , best NPD number for a sony 1st party game is 230k for GT5:P !!!!

but yet shipment numbers show the shipped 610k copies in NA at the end of June. Explain that one away.

MDMAniac said:
Sony's games sell just like their hardware does ;) so no surprises here

does anyone else see FLAMING HERE,

Max King of the Wild said:

fulcizombie said: 

Except that GOW2 was the 3rd fastest xbox360 game in the U.K , even before the bundles appeared , and it will have a glorious November (and December) NPD. The difference is that xbox360 games do REAL numbers in the NPD charts and have high chart places in Europe while sony's ps3 games...do not. I repeat ,after 2 years on the market , best NPD number for a sony 1st party game is 230k for GT5:P !!!!

but yet shipment numbers show the shipped 610k copies in NA at the end of June. Explain that one away.

Many games overship. That's the reason bargain bins exist... as an example, last week I saw a stack (at least 15 units) of Shadowrun at a major store. Note that I am not trying to imply that GT5p is a bargain bin game, just letting you know that sometimes retailers get carried away and buy too many units.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).