By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why Wii still sale like hot cake??

SeeVuPlay said:
bardicverse said:
SeeVuPlay said:

I'd suggest against posting statements like this, as they've been debunked on this site. Should you like to enjoy your time here, you're going to need more logic than the "the people I know" proof to your statements. While it works on sites like gamespot, it doesn't fly here.

thanks for the welcome and the suggestion....I think I'll be fine though. The "debunk" from this site contradicts my experience. No one has to believe it LOL.

Now what will happen to me? will my head be in that Guillotine?

Even worse! You'll be labeled a fanboy and people will just ignore your comments entirely, ruining your social experience on VGChartz forever. Sort of how we ignore Diomedes1976 on a regular basis. =)

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
SeeVuPlay said:

Most wii Owners I know do not play games on it anymore. This appears to be pretty consistent across gaming forums as well. Beyond WiiSports and Wii Play, they dont buy anything else. I have a 360 and a Wii.....if someone wanted to trade a PS3 for the Wii, I would gladly do it. It's just not fun.

From what I have seen, a non-gamer gets introduced to the Wii, the gaming system theyve been hearing so much about. They think "this is really cool! I mimic bowling and my character actually does the bowling!" then that person buys one and introduces his new toy to another non-gamer type, and it goes on and on. For most of them, after 2 weeks, the Wii sits and collects dust, while millions more are being sold.

It caught on like wildfire!

Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest against posting statements like this, as they've been debunked on this site. Should you like to enjoy your time here, you're going to need more logic than the "the people I know" proof to your statements. While it works on sites like gamespot, it doesn't fly here.

Of the 39 million Wii owners, how many do YOU know?  There is a reason humans invented maths and science, personal experience doesn't count for shit.

I don't think I've ever bought a hot cake. Nor have I ever witnessed anyone else buying one. Come to think of it, I've never seen any on sale, at all, either. Hmm. So does that mean Wii is not selling?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

you don't see them because they are constantly out of stock, just like the wii

Could it be that price was not the reason for the Wii's success.

Could it be that it was a combination of a vastly new and (in the opinion of the majority) superior gaming experience, combined with some of Nintendo's best ever games combined with increasing 3rd party support. :P I think it could

Bardicverse, you're on a sales website, so when you make claims like "Wii owners don't buy games" its just a few clicks to show that the Wii has a higher attach rate than the PS3 and more total software sales than the 360

Around the Network

You know, everytime one of my I-won't-touch-a-videogame-with-a-ten-feet-pole friends tell me they just bought a wii I smile for nintendo. They're bringing new blood into the hobby.

It's like what they did with the NES in the 80's after the videogame market crunch.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Ahh! Of course, that must be why! Obviously! Well, in that case, I'm gonna camp in front of a bakery and wait 'till they come in, 'cos now I want one!

On a side note, maybe they should rename that saying to 'this and that sells like Wiis' Or maybe '... like Wii Fit', instead of the whole ancient hotcakes deal.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

1 Wii Has excellent game quality - the games have consistent 30fps framerates - the PS3 at least (i dont know about X360) has many titles which have are very poor quality - low famerates, bad motion controller lag etc.

2 Wii had the best interface of this generation and the game software actually uses it - sure the Ps3 has motion support notice only two games Motorstorm and Wieout HD actually use it, and the OS it's self actually does not support it - in fact no PS3 game that i am aware of has really good motion support - unlike the Wii software.

3 Wii has an optical mouse like device as part of the motion capability - it's highly intuitive simple to use like a mac , while the X360 and PS3 are using devices which are based directly on antiquated 16-32 bit console era and these are slow, inaccurate , awkward (compared to the PC which actually has a mouse) and the games interfaces are un-intuitive with of large numbers of almost randomly assigned buttons.

4 Wii is power efficient it uses 20 watts and the PS3 and X360 are around 150watts. A side effect is that the Wii is highly reliable and quiet. While the Xbox360 is noisy, unreliable and the power supply operates close to it's melting point and can catch on fire it runs so hot. PS3 is extremly well designed which overcomes noise and overheating issues but is still power hungry compared to Wii.

5 Wii is small and compact - while X360 is a noisy , hulking and hideous looking modern art. And the X360 arcade had wired controllers like something from out of the 8 bit era - you will have hours of fun unraveling power coords and external peripherals and controllers on the X360 arcade.

6 Most X360 and PS3 games are FPS style games designed to use a mouse interface yet Xbox360 and PS3 consoles don't suppport in game mouse. The games work and play far better on PC and people only buy an X360 or PS3 if they cant afford a PC and deal with all the PC issues and costs. Wii does not try to compete directly with PC in graphics but it's games still offer an intuitive mouse like interface which is good for many PC type games.

7 Wii has a whole suite of unique and interesting games using motion interfaces and has no competition - it's getting customers from a far wider range of people and providing games which promote FUN and multiplayer interaction.

Someone once said - it's progress to make things more complicated - But it takes true genius to make them simple.
That is what the Wii has done it - it's design and software is simple yet ingenius.

PS3 number 1 fan

hsrob said:
bardicverse said:
SeeVuPlay said:

Most wii Owners I know do not play games on it anymore. This appears to be pretty consistent across gaming forums as well. Beyond WiiSports and Wii Play, they dont buy anything else. I have a 360 and a Wii.....if someone wanted to trade a PS3 for the Wii, I would gladly do it. It's just not fun.

From what I have seen, a non-gamer gets introduced to the Wii, the gaming system theyve been hearing so much about. They think "this is really cool! I mimic bowling and my character actually does the bowling!" then that person buys one and introduces his new toy to another non-gamer type, and it goes on and on. For most of them, after 2 weeks, the Wii sits and collects dust, while millions more are being sold.

It caught on like wildfire!

Welcome to the forum. I'd suggest against posting statements like this, as they've been debunked on this site. Should you like to enjoy your time here, you're going to need more logic than the "the people I know" proof to your statements. While it works on sites like gamespot, it doesn't fly here.

Of the 39 million Wii owners, how many do YOU know? There is a reason humans invented maths and science, personal experience doesn't count for shit.

Umm .. you responded to the wrong post, you and I are agreeing on the same thing against SeeVu's post

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Wii's ability to print money is the only thing Keeping the economy from sliding into a depression :P ;)

But if the Wii prints money, isn't it increasing inflation thus making the economy worse?  Oh no, we need to get the word out!  Tell people to stop buying Wii's and to just go for the hot cakes!  They're just as good and won't ruin the economy.   

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light