By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Girlfriend Vs. Game (Part 1)

xlost7 said:
bugrimmar said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
lieing is an important part of relationships that really helps you create trust.

correct. there is no couple on this earth that doesn't lie to each other.

and what can i say, i'm a gamer who doesn't like to watch crap movies.

Then you should of been honest with the girl and told her you wanted to watch a better movie. You should of told her your point of view on the movie and she probably would of found a alternative movie so she could spend time with you and you both could enjoy it also.

nah, she was adamant about this movie just as adamant as i was about not watching it. either way, she won.

i can detect a lot of negativity going my way in this one :P yeah, i'm a complete scumbag. the good thing here is she doesn't mind, and she's a scumbag too when i ask her to do something i want :P

(like when i asked her to go watch a boxing match, all of a sudden she had a migraine...)

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:
bugrimmar said:

So what happens when I'm 'invited' by my girlfriend to watch a totally lame, low budget ass chick movie, when I've my heart set on a Resistance 2 fragfest with some buddies?

First, I make excuses, like in this case, "I have to take my mom to the mall".

Second, ask a friend to lie for me, that we're going to do some last minute huge thing for work.

Third and finally, the last straw would be just to insist that this movie is crud, is absolute bullshit, garbage, and a complete waste of time.

Basically, I'm absolutely adamant that I will not let this shit to get in the way of Resistance 2. No freaking way.

So... what happens when the girl gets in the way with my game?

Simple... I go watch Twilight.

(1. she has close ties with my mom, 2. my asswipe friend told the truth because he's a bloody idiot, 3. the newspapers gave it good reviews, which she inevitably shoved in my face)

And I was right, this movie is absolute crap and a total stinking pile of toxic waste. But at least the girl is cute (upturned noses ftw)

Get a boyfriend to play resistance with you..

yknow i gotta thank littlebigplanet coz at least nowadays we get to play games together sometimes.

@bugrimmar

Wow I hope you guys are not losing interest in one another. I'm not pointing figures at you are wrong or she is wrong, but I would pick a girl over gaming any day, seriously. But if I was you I would just go to friendship status unless you really love this girl a lot. Because this lying and her lying will bite both you guys asses in the future.

xlost7 said:
@bugrimmar

Wow I hope you guys are not losing interest in one another. I'm not pointing figures at you are wrong or she is wrong, but I would pick a girl over gaming any day, seriously. But if I was you I would just go to friendship status unless you really love this girl a lot. Because this lying and her lying will bite both you guys asses in the future.

don't sweat it. it's a relationship of scumbags, which is always good.

NiKKoM said:
GF > Videogames... cause the chance to get laid is 100% more with GF then with videogames.. and we all know.. Sex > Videogames..

This.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
NiKKoM said:
GF > Videogames... cause the chance to get laid is 100% more with GF then with videogames.. and we all know.. Sex > Videogames..

This.

yknow, sex is the first, primary reason for getting into a relationship.

that said, there is no need to 'ask permission' for sex in a relationship. it's basically default.

so games don't really hurt the amount of sex in this relationship at all.

A great girl comes but once in a life time where video games will always be there waiting for you. Priority is key.

xlost7 said:
@bugrimmar

Wow is right......@ you for making this look like the guy's relationship is completely doomed. Its really not that serious, because obviously if it was he wouldnt be on here joking about it. I dont know what fairytale world you live in where relationships are perfect but this is about the normal. And LOL @ you telling him to suggest to watch a different movie instead, just a lil heads up.....When a woman wants something you dont compromise, its either yes or no and most of the time saying no is just not worth the headache afterwards.

Or... break up with her and get a new girl who understands and/or shares your passion for gaming. That's what I did, and happily married (with 3 kids) to a girl who loves gaming as much (or more) than I do. She never complain even after an 8-hour frag fest of COD4.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

bugrimmar said:
haxxiy said:
NiKKoM said:

This.

yknow, sex is the first, primary reason for getting into a relationship.

that said, there is no need to 'ask permission' for sex in a relationship. it's basically default.

so games don't really hurt the amount of sex in this relationship at all.

Well... In a world without women it would work like that.. but in the real world:

Spending time with games = not spending time with her

not spending time with her = Angry GF

Angry GF = Less sex

And thinking sex is the primary reason for getting a relationship... don't let her know that.. say love.. LOVE.. cause you love her..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)