By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Bull to be first company to charge into Home

The first third-party partner for Home, Sony's upcoming social networking platform, has been revealed. Revolution is reporting that Red Bull will have its own Home space, dedicated to the real-life Red Bull Air Race. The space will include "an aeroplane racing game based on Red Bull's real world Red Bull Air Race series."

The brand marketing manager for Red Bull UK, John Beasley, says "the game gave us the first opportunity to recreate in the gaming world what we try to do in the real world, which is to facilitate interaction, to give people stories, memories, experiences and a really good opportunity to interact with the brand." Calling Home an "easy environment for brands to take that first step into gaming." No doubt that means we'll be seeing a lot more non-gaming brands coming to Home in the future.

If you want to know more about some of Home's upcoming content be sure to check back with us later in the month.

Around the Network

well thanks to this home is free, PSN will remain free and it possible will help sony get out of red.

Jo21 said:
well thanks to this home is free, PSN will remain free and it possible will help sony get out of red.

This is a good start, but it's going to take more than just Red Bull to make a significant impact in their bottom line. Isn't Reebok or Nike on board at this point also?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Jo21 said:

This is a good start, but it's going to take more than just Red Bull to make a significant impact in their bottom line. Isn't Reebok or Nike on board at this point also?

Not yet officially, I don't think.

But I'm sure we'll find out closer to the release when they announce some of the major payers

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Hmm in game advertising and now PSN advertising....While its good someone is filling Sony's coffers this isnt a good thing for gamers in the long run..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
Hmm in game advertising and now PSN advertising....While its good someone is filling Sony's coffers this isnt a good thing for gamers in the long run..

How? Ads are easily ignored. This site had full page ads before and I ignored them. Also this makes home free. So... how isnt this good/?

cause ultimately like every other corporation out there, theyr gonna get greedy and push ads onto everything possible.. like i said " In the...LONG RUN"

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Good news. I'm already a Home addict :)

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

arsenicazure said:
cause ultimately like every other corporation out there, theyr gonna get greedy and push ads onto everything possible.. like i said " In the...LONG RUN"

probably, but every bit of money coming in helps.

I think it's quite positive for HOME that companies are prepared to invest some cash in it, and from the sound of things, Red Bull Island probably cost quite a bit to make.

Their erm...investment in Home shows that they feel they can get some return from this project which is good news in my book.

Yeah i hate ads plastered everywhere, but I feel its a neccessary evil.

Even expensive paper publications need ads, as much as I detest them (the ads, not the publications lol).

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@ Arsenic: Home is optional, so if you do not wish to go into home and see all those ads, it's no problem at all.

Besides, people have complained on this site about the advertizing going on on the Xbox as well (the nxe), I haven't seen you complaining about that though.