By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Whats the biggest lead the 360 has had over the PS3?

Thanks for the REAL numbers guys, no I was not asking for shipment numbers lol.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

at PS3 launch

Highest

Current

6,681,096 (pre Japan numbers)

And you are correct, none of the charts here do have this info, which is why I produce the gap charts each month.  The new ones will be posted as soon as japan numbers are out.

Can I have a link to your gap charts? thanks!

The biggest lead of the X360 over the PS3 will be in early March 2009: 8,15 million.

In March Sony will probably cut $100 off the price making the PS3 cost $300 (and MS will respond with an over-confident but stupid tiny $50 price drop) and start leading the ww weekly sales again and winning 2009 by 2 million units, shrinking the gap to rufly 6 million by 31 Dec 2009.

X360 in 2009: a little short of 10 million units.

PS3 rufly 12 million.

Actually...I already had a graph for this~

Click to enlarge~

Note: My months are a little out of whack right now, occasionally you need two 5 weeks months back to back and I need to roll back into May/June to do this because it's forcing my month alignment up by one week right now which is pushing BF into Dec...which obviously doesn't make much sense.  I just haven't had time to fix this because it effects a ton of stuff.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Built this last year actually, I just had to update it was all, still had it set for Nov '05 through Nov '07.

Around the Network

So, every since the PS3s inception, MS has not been able to widen the gap past where they were when they were the farthest. And PS3 gained back a lot of lost ground, during MS's peak year. Well done Sony, well done.

kowenicki said:
@dmeisterJ OR..sony is 1.2m further behind than when they launched...

Depends on how you spin it.

DMeisterJ said:
So, every since the PS3s inception, MS has not been able to widen the gap past where they were when they were the farthest. And PS3 gained back a lot of lost ground, during MS's peak year. Well done Sony, well done.

For what? Making absolutely no inroads of catching up to 360 sales or taking over second place...that's a selective perspective you've got there.

kowenicki said:
@ sqrl.. i have bang up to date gap charts for each of the regions and worldwide already done so dont bust a gut mate.

@bolded

Uhm what?

You asked me a question and I answered, why would I "bust a gut"?

I'm confused =P

kowenicki said:
@ sqrl it means dont put yourself out updating your chart... I have up to date ones you can have.. just trying to be helpful.

lol Obviously they don't use that phrase in the states. Its interesting to see on that graph up there that the 360's lead is highest around christmas time 06 and 07 .. and now 08 ... so can we expect to be the same for 09?