By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 Arcade getting internal memory soon

pbroy said:
kunaixhaku said:
pbroy said:
So that means that the Pros/Elites are not as good as the Arcades then. o_O

they have a 20gb/120gb hdd that comes with it, how is 256mb going to have any benefits to that

They won't have that extra 256mg of memory built into them. With an Arcade, even if you slap a 120gb hdd on there it will always be better than a Pro/Elite because it also has 256 internal memory, making it 120.256gb.

all jasper systems are being built with this... id imagine it also speeds up and makes NXE a bit more responsive 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

They might just slap the chip in line with the memory card slot's circuit, which would make the speeds the same regardless.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
They might just slap the chip in line with the memory card slot's circuit, which would make the speeds the same regardless.

true, but if your going to the trouble or redesigning a board, why not set a place for it on the controller this would make sense considering how long it took jasper to come out vs. when we thought it would come out. also slapping it on there would lead to more faults in hardware, and MS seems to have learned from that mistake, or rather dose not want to have to pay another billion for a shortsighted mobo fix

The console is $199, if putting the 256MB of memory internally saved money so they could drop the price, good.

And important point here, THE INTERNAL MEMORY WILL NOT CAUSE ANY EXTRA HARDWARE PROBLEMS. There is already internal memory in the existing models. They just upgraded it from 32MB to 256MB. The old 32MB chips can no longer hold the OS because NXE is bigger than 32MB (it's around 80MB I think). So instead of removing the chip from the motherboard they just increased it's size and got rid of the MU. Smart.

What! I thought the arcades came with 512mb internal memory. Guess I thought very very wrong.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

i guess vgchartz has it down now lol

tuoyo said:
What! I thought the arcades came with 512mb internal memory. Guess I thought very very wrong.

well depends on what type of memory i guess we should have been clear and said flash memory is being upped to 256, where system ram is 512 ...... 

double sorry