By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo might lose some of its sales potential.

Its been a good 5 years between GT releases when GT5 hits stores. You think most people who bought GT4 have moved on, started a family, got careers, and overall dont care about video games?

5 years is a long time.

Around the Network

It's released on Christmas --> sales will be really good.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

There always younger gamers replacing the onces that have moved on.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

What about Mario and Zelda games? I do not think you have a very good argument here.

JaggedSac said:
What about Mario and Zelda games? I do not think you have a very good argument here.

those involve mascots.....GT has cars........cars that can be found in GRID, Forza, and Race Pro.

Around the Network

I jsut noticed something, going by your logic, does kids that played and loved the SNES/ NES are now adults, and can buy anything, so are buying the WII for there kids, since its a nintendo system!

mM

It's a pretty weak argument. Even assuming that it was the teens who almost exclusively bought GT4, and that they've lost interest in gaming since then, you're assuming that there's not a new generation to replace them.

Now, if you were to say it'll sell worse because the PS3 doesn't have a large enough install base to bring out impulse shoppers in droves, that'll be another story.

That'd work leo-j, except the Wii isn't a kids console :P those parents are buying it for themselves

Anyway, OT fails, people are never too old for cars or games, infact, they could do the typical mid life crisis thing on the cheap, buy GT5 instead of buying a sports car

-General_Ram- said:
JaggedSac said:

those involve mascots.....GT has cars........cars that can be found in GRID, Forza, and Race Pro.

Well, Citroen has produced a concept car for GT, not Forza or RP

Ferrari showcases its new convertable on the GT engine, not Forzas or RP

GT is advertised at Le Mans, not Forza or RP

Top Gear show is on GT:TV in GT5:p (and the inclusion of their test track in GT5 full) not Forza or RP

GT has a lot of industry support that those others don't have.

However that said, I just wish they'd release GT5 before all the cars in it become antiques!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

OP, your reasoning is absurd and GT5 Prologue has already shown there is great interest in the series still.

I do however believe that while GT5 will become the best selling PS3 title without question, it won't be able to match the highs of GT3 A-Spec, and will struggle to beat GT4 in sales. This is obviously based on the current performance of the PS3 itself. That is no small potatoes though, so it's nothing to be worried about, but it is possible to see a small dip in sales or barely matching sales of the last entry.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.