By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - got my hands on a copy of fallout 3

Be sure to take Bloody Mess. It's a necessity in every Fallout game and I shame all of you who skipped it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Sephiroth357 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Its not called fallout 3 its called GOTY . Get it straight next time.....

Stop right there!

Thats on reserve for HAZE.

Haze is going to get multiple awards including game of the gen. Cant you leave a little for fallout 3?

Already won by HAZE.

• Game of the Year:
  • Studio of the Year:
  • Best Shooter:
  • Best RPG:
  • Best Military Game:
  • Best Individual Sports Game:
  • Best Handheld Game:
  • Best Graphics:
  • Best Game Based on a Movie or TV Show:
  • Best Rhythm Game:
  • Best Driving Game:
  • Best Action Game:
  • Best Team Sports Game:
  • Best Soundtrack:
  • Breakthrough Technology:
  • Best Xbox 360 Game:
  • Best Wii Game:
  • Best PS3 Game:
  • Best PC Game:
  • Best Original Score:
  • Best Multiplayer Game:
  • Most Addictive Video Game
  •  

play the game without the achievements in mind :), thats my tip... just fool around and explore, i love this game so much

MMMKAY READ THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISAPPOINTED !!!

DO NOT... I REPEAT DO NOT... Finish the main quest first... do the majority of the side quests first... then complete the main quest because i swear to god... if you do the main quest first... the game could very well be ruined for you...

Other Tips: Repair imo is the most important as i definitely use it the most, armor especially can get into disrepair fast after a few good sized brawls and it helps to have high repair to keep it in peak condition...

Small Guns is important but if you get FAR into the game you may (as I do) find yourself using Energy Weps more...
    Especially because they are FAR more effective against heavily armored enemies... and also have a higher hit accuracy in terms of spread... god my weapon of choice is DEFINITELY the Plasma Rifle...

Heres a tip, its a glitch not everyone knows... when you get dogmeat (a follower) and another follower... if you kill dogmeat it lets you get another follower of your choice... for instance right now *small spoilers* I have Charon and Fawkes as my followers... Charon is using maxed out T51b power armor... I can literally walk into a room of Enclave soldiers and they will decimate the Enclave while all i have to do is watch and then loot their bodies when the carnage is over... the only bad part of this is you don't get EXP for followers killing your opponents.

Thats a handy tip Necromunda. I may have to let dogmeat get wasted and give that a try. IMO its worth maxing all 3 weapon choices just so you have a variety of choices and plenty of ammo for all situations.

Around the Network

Put your Intelligence at 9 at the start and run to rivet city to pick up the bobblehead that will get it to 10. INT = more skill points

Good God, there are so many cheat-ass players in here. You're missing the spirit of Fallout here, boys.

I'm playing the game as a pretty weak physical character on Hard difficulty and I don't think the game is very difficult. I even manhandle the Regulators pretty easily now and I just wasted a squad of Talon Company (about 6) with four stimpacks.

The worst are those bloody sentry bots. I hate them. And the Mirelurk Hunters. Bunch of cockgobblers, they are. Deathclaws are a bitch if you don't see them first, too. If you get the drop on them they're not that bad, though.

Nah, i don't like Bloody mess.In 1st run i choose it but after 70 hrs you'll get bored by seeing enemies explode like that everytime.

Now on 2nd run i play female very evil unarm equipped with Deathclaw gaunlet.i can kill Mirelurk with in 2-3 hits :D

Madanial said:
    Nah, i don't like Bloody mess.In 1st run i choose it but after 70 hrs you'll get bored by seeing enemies explode like that everytime.

Bloody Mess never gets old. I'm over 30 hours in and it still makes me giggle.