By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its the Year of 2020.....

And gaming will be forgotten....

Do you believe Sony, M$, Nintendo will be around??

Around the Network

Probably. We know Nintendo will probably be around as well

No.

We will be too busy defending ourselves from radioactive zombies............FROM OUTERSPACE!!!

game industry will be HUGE in 2020. Not to mention china will have a much larger influence.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Nintendo: Yes
Sony: High chance
M$: Possibly not

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

I'm more worried about seeing the gaming industry living past christmas 2012

well unless we all blow ourselves up first gaming will most certainly be alive and doing well in 2020

as for your question

Nintendo: Yes
Sony: Yes
Microsoft Yes

see your question isn't too specific so while all three may not be developing consoles I could see them going the way sega did and just create multi plat games instead of systems (not saying all three will switch to this just saying all three will be alive in one or another)

11 years from now? Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have been around longer than that and will probably be around for quite a while longer.

BenVTrigger said:
well unless we all blow ourselves up first gaming will most certainly be alive and doing well in 2020

Pretty much sums up what I was thinking when I read the OP.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Sony gone, broken up into tiny parts and sold off piece by piece, MS, no longer in the gaming industry and fighting to hold onto 40% of the OS market. Nintendo, still making games and still unab;e to meet demand for the Uss

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)