Start of 08:

Wii: 43.77%

X360: 35.8%

Ps3: 20.4%

Possible end of the year.

Wii: 47M = 50%

X360: 27.5M = 29.2%

Ps3: 19M = 20.3%

It is possible that the Ps3 has lost market share in 08. Of course, that is assuming Wii + 360 sees something very close to a best case scenario (BCS would be 47.5M Wii 28M X360).

This week's numbers so far:
Wii: 53.30%
Xbox 360: 31.85%
Ps3: 14.84%

So it looks like the Wii and 360 will rise in market share while the Ps3 will fall.

Yeah, taking 1 week's numbers like that means nothing.

You're comparing the 360's best week EVER to a Ps3 week.

Better would be since week ending 1st November.

Wii: 3.9M - 54.5%

X360: 2.05M - 28.6%

Ps3: 1.2M - 16.7%

So really, it looks like both 360 will fall and Ps3 will fall. But of course, this only works on a very short term basis. LT, X360 is likely to fall, Wii go up a fair amount, and Ps3 stay about ever (as it is now, 22%), or drop a bit.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I have to give a round of applause towards Microsoft and Nintendo, Nintendo clearly won this generation, there is no doubt about it. Black Friday is only the start of it, the next 2-3 weeks will be total Nintendomination in North America, Not mentioning the rest of the world.

Microsoft played it well, between the Price-Cuts, NXE, and Netflix in America? Microsoft has rooted itself in NA very well and deserves to win this holiday, they worked very hard towards it, and I only hope to see a counter-attack from sony.

As for Sony, I really hope they step up to the plate very soon, a Price-Cut, Home, and a Couple new Features on the PS3 would be a vast improvement agaist the Xbox. Playstation 3 NEEDS to be competitive now, theres no time for "maybe next month" or "maybe next year". The time for waiting is over, long over.
If they don't do anything, Microsoft will coast the rest of the generation and that's terrible for the gaming community, since that means Microsoft won't need to be innovative or creative with their marketing to achieve anything.

I really hope Sony can achieve its market share back, really I do. All 3 companies support each other, and they all need their profits.

~ Night

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Microsoft wins this Christmas compared to Sony. No doubt about it. But at what cost? X360 is already $150, how low can they go? Lowering their high-end models won't have a massive impact compared to the price-cuts this year. We are just 3 years in this generation and probably 3 years to go.
It's better to be a winner in the last 3 years (more sales), than the first 3 years (high costs). Still Microsoft has improved much compared to last generation. Their mission is already accomplished.

Doktor85 said:
Microsoft wins this Christmas compared to Sony. No doubt about it. But at what cost? X360 is already $150, how low can they go? Lowering their high-end models won't have a massive impact compared to the price-cuts this year. We are just 3 years in this generation and probably 3 years to go.
It's better to be a winner in the last 3 years (more sales), than the first 3 years (high costs). Still Microsoft has improved much compared to last generation. Their mission is already accomplished.

Its worth it to MS to lose money in their games division, merely to gain marketshare.  Their entire presense in the console industry is a measure to protect their interests as the primary computing platform in a household.

These phenominal sales may very well result in some horrific losses posted, if the price cut is below a profitable level... but in the grand scheme of things, they are accomplishing their ultimate goal of defending MS's PC monopoly from potential living room contenders.