By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 has its BIGGEST WEEK EVER! - A Standing Ovation for MS is due!

Great console, great game library, great price, great job MS!

Around the Network
Passenger57 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

NO-ONE I mean no-one could have predicted this.

Microsoft deserves all the praise thy can get....xbox 360 has ALREADY crossed its BIGGEST WEEK EVER!

when we count Japan this weeks total may reach 800K

MASSIVE SALES!

Its biggest week otherwise was 589K in the main xmas week

{gives standing ovation}

At Darth, you are truly a good sport. Passenger will now try to follow in your shining example of what a good VGchartz member should be, as Mel Brooks would say,may the schwartz be with you :)

lol....thanks!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow... I never picked it, this is the biggest week by a huge margin. I wonder if they can best this week again before the end the of the year?

Tease.

Congrats to the 360.

Aj_habfan said:
SeeVuPlay said:
Aj_habfan said:

They cut their price. Sony did it last year and it helped them beat 360.

I don't get why people always credit the companies so much. If anything, you should have a standing ovation for Nintendo for owning both without even needing to cut the price.

I know.....selling several hundred thousand units and breaking your own record sales is nothing to be excited about for Microsoft, and definitely nothing for forum members of a hardware tracking site to be interested in.  Who'd of thought, VGCHartz members getting excited over............hardware sales.

If we had standing ovation every time nintendo had awesome sales, we would never sit down.  Ninty won....lets move on and talk about more interesting things like HD console wars LOL!

Yea... I never said any of that. The numbers are amazing. I just said MS didn't do anything incredible, yet the amount of recognition they have recieved in the past few weeks is astouding.

u have to credit MS, for timing the price cut(s) the way they did...remember back in the spring and summer when everyone advised them to cut their prices, but they kept hanging on?  I dont have a crystal ball or time machine, but the outcome could have been very different had they cut the price in March vs sept.

Around the Network

@seevuplay

I agree..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Microsoft deserves this round of applause; I too shall join in this standing ovation.

So, Darth...When are you getting your Xbox 360?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Doesn't the Wii and DS deserve any props? Oh I forgot, they don't exist.

It's amazing how MS played their hand against Sony. They were never aiming at Nintendo - they had Sony in their sights the entire time. Everyone knows Ninny has won this gen, but as far as HD gaming, MS is truly leading the way. When the PS3 puts up those kinds of numbers, celebration should be in order as well.