By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360/Wii owners would sell their Wii if Newton was released?

Perfect title for this would be Halo Wars. That is why I thought they would announce the Motion controller @ E3.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Perfect title for this would be Halo Wars. That is why I thought they would announce the Motion controller @ E3.

I was hoping for that too. Actually I thought they might do that.

halogamer1989 said:

The problem (in the context of this discussion) is that Halo Wars in no way would help to change the mindshare of the 360, and would do absolutely nothing to hurt the Wii, though I'm sure the Newton would improve that particular experience (assuming it has an IR pointer).

Killergran said:
Insomniac said:
Waggle can go to hell. I hope that next-gen isn't a full on waggle/casual gen or gaming is doomed.

Rest assured, it will most likely not happen. And if it does, you can always turn to the PC.

Also, a fair note would be that many people, including myself, would say that if gaming doesn't go toward what you call 'waggle/casual', gaming is doomed.

I am probably one of very few who considers the most exciting release this year to be Wii Music, so I'm on the other side of the spectrum.

I assume there will always be a market for systems like 360 and PS3, but you never know what they will do or if they will try follow Nintendo's success. I don't care what Nintendo does as long as they don't screw up the traditional side of things. Third parties don't seem to like Nintendo or Waggle very much though no matter how much they sell so there's always hope for the other guys.

Insomniac said:
Killergran said:
Insomniac said:
Waggle can go to hell. I hope that next-gen isn't a full on waggle/casual gen or gaming is doomed.

Rest assured, it will most likely not happen. And if it does, you can always turn to the PC.

Also, a fair note would be that many people, including myself, would say that if gaming doesn't go toward what you call 'waggle/casual', gaming is doomed.

I am probably one of very few who considers the most exciting release this year to be Wii Music, so I'm on the other side of the spectrum.

I assume there will always be a market for systems like 360 and PS3, but you never know what they will do or if they will try follow Nintendo's success. I don't care what Nintendo does as long as they don't screw up the traditional side of things. Third parties don't seem to like Nintendo or Waggle very much though no matter how much they sell so there's always hope for the other guys.

If it makes you feel better, Nintendo has a history of this sort of thing. They casual'd up the hell out of gaming in 1984, where it had largely been in the realm of PCs up to that point.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
List wars are a sin, Esa-Petteri.

If you are serious, then the phrasing of your question precludes any answer I may give being sufficient to sway your opinion.

Wasn't this thread about how many 360/wii owners would sell their wii if there was a "newton"? I don't own a wii, but I thought of getting one IF that wm+ would be good and the right games would support it. I would not be even considering if there was a newton. So my opinion should count as one who would sell their wii. ;)

You know, i think this thread is flawed with the idea that newton will do everything the wiimote does, and make coffee to top that. (or give BJ) If you are going to compare an unreleased add-on like the motion plus to a not manufactured accessory yet to justify a Wii buy, only to sell it for your argument 's sake, then no, your opinion is not validated. You can present opinions though through what games you would like to find on newton that you can't find on Wii.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Esa-Petteri said:
Killergran said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
List wars are a sin, Esa-Petteri.

If you are serious, then the phrasing of your question precludes any answer I may give being sufficient to sway your opinion.

Wasn't this thread about how many 360/wii owners would sell their wii if there was a "newton"? I don't own a wii, but I thought of getting one IF that wm+ would be good and the right games would support it. I would not be even considering if there was a newton. So my opinion should count as one who would sell their wii. ;)

This means that you're only interested in the controller, and not the games, right?

I can picture it now. You look at the Wii. 'Awesome controller. I want that.' You buy a Wii. 'What! It doesn't have Gears of War?' You sell your Wii. And of course, the Newton would then make you feel like you had the best of both worlds.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is a very, very uncommon way of thinking, even for Wii/360 owners.

Pretty much like that. Who wouldn't like to at least try a rts game with a wiimote/newton? :p Of course I would like to try GoW or Halo with it. 

Well, I can only once again say that I think you're in minority here. Most people that buy the Wii do not only see the controller. They see something that is 'fun'. To the people that actually buy the Wii, it's usually more about this than the controller. Of course, I don't know this to 100%, but this is one the points we have been arguing about here. This is how I think the regular person sees it.

I can definatly see how anyone with your view would drop the Wii like a bad habit at newton release, but I also think that most of you have never actually bought the Wii. But now I'm wandering out on really shaky ground, as I have no foundation at all for this.

This is invisible text!

Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:

If course I am serious. Other than those few first party games, every good game can be found (at least equivelant one) on 360 or maybe pc as better version. And yes, I don't consider minigame-collections as good games. :P

Ha-HA! It is even FUNNIER the second time!

Seriously, though, we're trying to have a serious discussion. I appreciate the humor, but let's get down to business.

Seriously, what else is there besides those few first party titles? :)

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=Wii&publisher=&sort=Total

Theres a list of 30 or so games for you to think about. I would list motew but I am too tired to deal with people trolling right now. Maybe later I will list some more for you.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I bought a Wii for the remote and i bought the PS3 for its BR player. I also bought the Gamecube for animal crossing but what does all this mean?

Never Try said:
I bought a Wii for the remote and i bought the PS3 for its BR player. I also bought the Gamecube for animal crossing but what does all this mean?

It means you really should have asked someone if the WiiMote was compatible with the PS3 before buying the Wii. I know it's too late, but I can tell you that it isn't. I'm sorry you wasted your money.

EDIT: Oh, it's not compatible with your 360 either. Sorry. Forgot to mention. :(

But instead of trolling, why don't you expand on what you're saying? Difference in opinion can lead to interesting discussion, as long as each party tries to be civil and explains themselves.

This is invisible text!