By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360/Wii owners would sell their Wii if Newton was released?

Insomniac said:
Waggle can go to hell. I hope that next-gen isn't a full on waggle/casual gen or gaming is doomed.

Rest assured, it will most likely not happen. And if it does, you can always turn to the PC.

Also, a fair note would be that many people, including myself, would say that if gaming doesn't go toward what you call 'waggle/casual', gaming is doomed.

I am probably one of very few who considers the most exciting release this year to be Wii Music, so I'm on the other side of the spectrum.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
List wars are a sin, Esa-Petteri.

If you are serious, then the phrasing of your question precludes any answer I may give being sufficient to sway your opinion.

Wasn't this thread about how many 360/wii owners would sell their wii if there was a "newton"? I don't own a wii, but I thought of getting one IF that wm+ would be good and the right games would support it. I would not be even considering if there was a newton. So my opinion should count as one who would sell their wii. ;)

Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:

If you are serious, then the phrasing of your question precludes any answer I may give being sufficient to sway your opinion.

Wasn't this thread about how many 360/wii owners would sell their wii if there was a "newton"? I don't own a wii, but I thought of getting one IF that wm+ would be good and the right games would support it. I would not be even considering if there was a newton. So my opinion should count as one who would sell their wii. ;)

The thread, ostensibly, is about whether or not the Newton would

1. Bridge the gap between Nintendo's philosophy and Microsoft's

2. Cause Wii owners to see no point in owning their systems

You haven't really demonstrated a firm grasp of the former and you admit that you are not qualified to speak as to the latter.

@Esa--- the only good ones that support WM+ so far are The Conduit, Red Steel 2, and ....cough.... and EA Canada tennis title as well as Wii Sports Resort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Motion_Plus#Wii_MotionPlus

Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:

You haven't really demonstrated a firm grasp of the former and you admit that you are not qualified to speak as to the latter.

Really? Take a look at the opening post.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:

This means that you're only interested in the controller, and not the games, right?

I can picture it now. You look at the Wii. 'Awesome controller. I want that.' You buy a Wii. 'What! It doesn't have Gears of War?' You sell your Wii. And of course, the Newton would then make you feel like you had the best of both worlds.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is a very, very uncommon way of thinking, even for Wii/360 owners.

This is invisible text!

halogamer1989 said:
@Esa--- the only good ones that support WM+ so far are The Conduit, Red Steel 2, and ....cough.... and EA Canada tennis title as well as Wii Sports Resort.

Well those titles and WM+ aren't coming anytime soon. So I guess there is hope for a wii pricecut. 99$ would be the price for me to get a wii. With that WM+, of course.

Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:

Really? Take a look at the opening post.

I never pretended that point one was encompassed in the OP - but the discussion has evolved in that direction.

Though you admit that you don't actually have a leg to stand on. I admit that that's more polite than most.

Esa-Petteri said:
halogamer1989 said:

Well those titles and WM+ aren't coming anytime soon. So I guess there is hope for a wii pricecut. 99$ would be the price for me to get a wii. With that WM+, of course.

As long as demand keeps up I don't expect a Wii p.c. until Wii HD ;(

Killergran said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Khuutra said:

This means that you're only interested in the controller, and not the games, right?

I can picture it now. You look at the Wii. 'Awesome controller. I want that.' You buy a Wii. 'What! It doesn't have Gears of War?' You sell your Wii. And of course, the Newton would then make you feel like you had the best of both worlds.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is a very, very uncommon way of thinking, even for Wii/360 owners.

Pretty much like that. Who wouldn't like to at least try a rts game with a wiimote/newton? :p Of course I would like to try GoW or Halo with it. 

Edit:

I don't have any interest in those motion controls as they are. WM+ might do the trick on that.