By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think I realized why people choose to not like LBP.

Probably because they feel embarassed when people see them playing a game with a retarded looking smile on their faces and giggling (Got myself caught doing this, forgot the mic was on) due to the enjoyment of having friends and strangers playing together with them.

I know this is not really the case, but anyone find themselves constantly smiling as they smack their buddies around? Or laughing because a PSN buddy *cough* Blazinhead89 *cough* can't make a simple jump and plummet to their death?

Ahh... nothing like smacking someone as they are about to complete a long jump over a pit of fire. "Get in that fire!"

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

You make me want LBP. I'm not a fan of platformers though so I'm still undecided.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I like your avatar Euphoria14.

uhm who didnt like littlebigplanet exaclty?

I just did not like it. Simple as that. I liked Loco Rroco on the PSP, and it was a silly game.

My main gripe is how they are deleting the user created content when they see that there is trademark infringements. At that point I feel almost like 1st rights are taken, and there is no free speech. I know it is their server and it is their call, but the fun is totally gone at that point for me.

So the 1st Amendment really does not apply at that point.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
You make me want LBP. I'm not a fan of platformers though so I'm still undecided.

I love the game not because I am a fan of platformers, because I can tell you now that I am not.

What makes it so fun are nights like lastnight with me and Blazinhead89 on PSN. Running through the ICO user created level. While trash talking him about his noobishness he continually fails to make the most simple jump because he too buy trying to trash talk me. He would laugh at me, then go and jump, only to plummet to his death. I was laughing my ass off literally.

I would extend a bridge and then as I tried to run across, here is Sir Noobalot once again up to his sneaky old ways, pulling the bridge back as I ran, causing me to run right off the edge. Then dance with his Sackboy on that very same bridge just to poke fun.

Seriously, my favorite game this gen by leaps and bound. Only game I have ever played for more hours in my history of gaming was Diablo 2. If this game could keep track of time played, I would easily be around the 300 hour mark easy. Half of that before finally deciding to make a level, which was never my thing, but it fun here because you can think of so many sneaky traps and such to implement into your level design.

At least rent the game for a week and play it all week, you just may want to make a purchase.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

No the reason LBP didn't sell was because if you like kids games then you would have a Wii. Also the people that would play LBP are mostly kids and kids can't affard a PS3. PS3 are bought by people who don't care about money and want a Blu-ray player, does this sound like you average kid, NO. Thats why people are not buying it in large numbers. Put it on the wii and it would be up there with mario kart and WiiFit.

jagenjg said:
I just did not like it. Simple as that. I liked Loco Rroco on the PSP, and it was a silly game.

My main gripe is how they are deleting the user created content when they see that there is trademark infringements. At that point I feel almost like 1st rights are taken, and there is no free speech. I know it is their server and it is their call, but the fun is totally gone at that point for me.

So the 1st Amendment really does not apply at that point.

God of War demon skull is still there, as well as Bioshock levels, Final Fantasy, ICO, etc...

Nowhere near as many levels were taken away as people think.

Although before using that as a reason to hate it, how many other console games give you these options?

Currently playing:

Christhegamer said:
No the reason LBP didn't sell was because if you like kids games then you would have a Wii. Also the people that would play LBP are mostly kids and kids can't affard a PS3. PS3 are bought by people who don't care about money and want a Blu-ray player, does this sound like you average kid, NO. Thats why people are not buying it in large numbers. Put it on the wii and it would be up there with mario kart and WiiFit.

Unfortunately, those who wrongly choose to believe that at a certain age you can not play games like this anymore or can not play them because you own "x console" are those who will miss out on so much this industry has to offer.

So what age is the cutoff? At what age can I only play Shooters and Beat em Ups? I am 24 now, Am I growing up too slow?

@konnichiwa

Thanks man. I work hard on my custom costumes.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Christhegamer said:

Unfortunately, those who wrongly choose to believe that at a certain age you can not play games like this anymore or can not play them because you own "x console" are those who will miss out on so much this industry has to offer.

So what age is the cutoff? At what age can I only play Shooters and Beat em Ups? I am 24 now, Am I growing up too slow?

you are just fine man, he must have some issues since he cant enjoy a game just because it looks like its made for kids, i am almost 30 and i play any game that looks fun to me, hell i still watch tom & jerry and other cartoons because i still find them fun.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434