By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do some people believe the big three just want our money?

I truly believe Microsoft wants its gamers to be happy. I believe Sony and Nintendo do to. Keeping console owners happy results in them sticking with their chosen console/s. So they buy more games, and tell their friends how great their console is.

Yes money is their main concern and getting as much of it out of our wallets as possible. But I really think though that Rare and Microsoft want us to be happy with the NXE/Avatars. Not only for their benefits .. bt because they just want us to enjoy ourselves!

Maybe I'm just not as cynical as you lot ..

Around the Network

They are corporations.... they want us to be happy so they can have our money. I think you are mistaking them for non-profit charities.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Keeping the consumer happy is a money making rule....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Sure, they want us to be happy--because being happy means giving them money.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

If I was a big company, I would want your money...hopefully I could squeeze every penny out

Around the Network

What Tovya and kitchensink said...keep customers happy so they can more easily part with their $$$...not because they truly like to provide happiness....well, maybe some of the employees really do, but the corporation as a whole...no.

@JGarret: Miyamoto truly likes to provide happiness. Nintendo as a whole doesn't XD.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

hmm.. have you heard the word "naive"

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

seece said:

I truly believe Microsoft wants its gamers to be happy. I believe Sony and Nintendo do to. Keeping console owners happy results in them sticking with their chosen console/s. So they buy more games, and tell their friends how great their console is.

Yes money is their main concern and getting as much of it out of our wallets as possible. But I really think though that Rare and Microsoft want us to be happy with the NXE/Avatars. Not only for their benefits .. bt because they just want us to enjoy ourselves!

Maybe I'm just not as cynical as you lot ..

MEGA LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@kitchensink

Exactly.

The guy is approaching 60 years old (or 50?), has made enough money to live the rest of his life without financial concerns, but wants to continue making games...he really has a passion for gaming.

As for Iwata, he´s a big ?....Well, he seems to be a better CEO than the last one.