By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Xbox 360 has overtaken the PS3 in Europe!!

SamuelRSmith said:
^ Look at fourth post in the thread.

Ah my bad LOL. :)

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Dallinor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Generally, in my local big town, the PS3 was doing quite well, then again... I haven't been there since the price cut.

Oh, and Ireland is an English speaking country...

Only since the English invaded...

*Shakes fist at the English*

The same as every English speaking country.

Nope, not Madagascar or Rwanda.

selnor said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Generally, in my local big town, the PS3 was doing quite well, then again... I haven't been there since the price cut.

Oh, and Ireland is an English speaking country...

@bolded. What does that have to do with anything? Republic of Island isnt part of the UK. So it wouldnt affect UK retailers. In other words the small sales ROI put towards EU numbers are not corelated with UK's.

Rupublic of Island huh?

Well there are Game and HMV outlets over here, so while they don't affect UK retailer outlets, sales abroad influence the companies as a whole.

It's interesting to note that the Game in the UK has a completely different store layout to the Game in Ireland.

selnor said:
-General_Ram- said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBb8cxyh6m8

Its PARTY TIME 360 fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go General.

This is how ps3 fans roll

Check out my game about moles ^

360 was never too far off. With it's recent upsurge, I don't think anyone is surprised.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
heruamon said:
kowenicki said:
doesnt really matter does it... only one figure counts... total worldwide sales.

Its odd though that the console sale differences pretty much come down to language. The 360 rules in the English speaking world. UK, USA, Aus.

Actually, the most important figure that countes is profits...which ps3 is losing at, and stand very little chance of ever catching up.  M$ has more money, and with each console generation, it will get stronger...Borg style assimilation.

Ms gaming devision has been bleeding ever since they made the original xbox. All profit is nullfied since their "entertainment devision" also includes the zune and a few other things. (to cover for all the loss ?)

kowenicki said:
@ staude you mean like the ps2 and ps3?

Sony has a tendency of making back their money within the same devision. Ie their console department and end up with a plus. Microsoft has yet to do that... So no, not quite.

The X360 is king of this generation of (HD) consoles.

Also it's the software king.

And it's got the best games and they always come out in time.

The X360 will reach 50 million consoles sold before end of this gen easily.

The PS3 on the other hand will struggle until price drop, but it will reach 60 million by end of 2012. But it don't matter by then because the Xbox 3 will have been out for a year already (since Nov 1011).

Staude said:
kowenicki said:

Sony has a tendency of making back their money within the same devision. Ie their console department and end up with a plus. Microsoft has yet to do that... So no, not quite.

Sony has never been even close to being $3.5 billion and counting in loss before. That's more loss than they made profit during the entire PS2 era.

Staude said:
kowenicki said:

I'm sorry, but there is no way that Sony is ever going to make back the losses it has had since the launch of the PS3.  It will eventually start to show a profit from quarter to quarter, but it will never make back the $3 billion + loss they have taken already.

Edit: Crud, FishyJoe beat me to it.