By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Just bought a new computer! Please Comment on its Specs.

I would've put a bit more money into the speakers to be honest

I also would have dual booted xubuntu and Windows XP (64 bit versions because you have more than 3.6gb ram)

Anyway, good specs, nice price

Around the Network

This is ok but will be outdated quite soon, should be able to play most games though

Help I cant get my trophy card to work.

it will get outdated in the next one year

scottie said:

I also would have dual booted xubuntu and Windows XP (64 bit versions because you have more than 3.6gb ram)

Nah man, it's all about getting nice headphones

(you can get much nicer headphones for the price of semi-nice speakers)

Hope you won't have to deal with Dell support, they are horrible.

Around the Network
Senlis said:
Hope you won't have to deal with Dell support, they are horrible.

I actually like the DELL Support. They fix your crap for free for a decent amount of time, at least for my laptop.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

The specs look good overall. What is the performance number?

Unfortunately you will not be able to utilize all 4GB of RAM with a 32bit OS. Vista or XP 64bit would take full advantage of the ram but I have no personal experience as far as game compatability with 64 bit OS. I pressume it's not an issue based on the fact that a lot of gaming computers come with 64bit Vista installed.

If it's not a problem, I recommend you consider upgrading because then you can get full benefit from the RAM and better performance from the Core 2 Duo.

RED53DEVILS said:
it will get outdated in the next one year

I think that is an no really true. Despite the hype around quad core, almost nothing is written to use it. Even Adobe whose Photoshop and Premier are two of the most common computer intensive program will not support quad core until CS5. Since CS was just introduced in the last month, that is several years away.

Ironically for the people buying into quads, if you check at Tom's hardware, their testing shows that programs not specifically written for quad core actually run slower than on Core 2 Duo. And that would be just about everything. If you can upgrade to 64bit, increase the RAM, and or change it out for faster, you'll be fine. In a couple of years you may want a new bigger video card or put in a second and use Crossfire but otherwise you'll be fine. The processors today are more than adequate. Thats why you see computers with 3.3 performance numbers because they have a POS Intel video or the card while the processor may be 5.5.

epsilon72 said:
scottie said:

What are some nice headphones?

Don't Worry.....Be Happy

Elite1 said:
epsilon72 said:
scottie said:

What are some nice headphones?

That depends on how much you want to spend