By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks Like The 360 "only" Sold about 350k in NA last week.

I have an idea why don't we wait and see instead of guessing?

Around the Network

I dont think bigjon cares how the ps3 did. also I'll repeat myself here. MS gets their numbers from gamespot. So in gamespot the ratio was 3:1

elendar said:
I checked the site a couple days ago what did I see? bigjon talking crap about 360s expected blackfriday sales. Now when they do even better than last year its still "only" hundreds of thousands of 360s. What a failure!!

Go back and read what I wrote I dont even remember what I wrote by I am pretty sure I put it at - well here is what i said...

"um ya, I do realize it is not just any week. Basically, if we see godly sales of the 360 this week (I am saying like 450k in NA alone) ioi will have overtracked and NDP will come in lower for the 360.

I expect sales of 350k or so in NA, and about 550-600 k ww- which would be very sexy sales."

If you call that trashing, well have it your way. I was low on Europe (I was not expecting even more increase), and mostly likely 50-75k low in NA.

Also, I did not know MS said they sold 310k last year. They does change things. But It certain caps it at AROUND 450k, I saw some people saying they expected 550k+.

Either way, I think it is funny how you guys will believe ioi's initial numbers over intertal sales data.... ioi does an awsome job with this site, and I trust his numbers(meaning I believe he is not slanting his numbers in some fanboy way), but I also know he is working with limited data and resourses(thus the reason I NEVER get pissed when he is wrong)

I think the 360 doing well is starting to go to a few of your heads.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Probably gonna be around 450k-500k when it is all said and done taking into account MS numbers and VGS estimates. Still the point of thread I started and the very topic was this going to be the 360s biggest week. Well, clearly it seems so at this point. Atlhough, anyway you cut it the PS3 figures will not be too pretty.

no, just you. You are the one making a thread about it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Goddbless said:
bigjon said:
Yea, I also read stories about people killing people for their PS3's near its launch and look where that got em.

Plz- read what they wrote, compare that stats, and make your own conclusion. It like ur whole argument is backed up by some Youtube video...

Maybe MS messed up, for the sales to be where ioi says they are we would need at least a 75% increase (AT A MINIMUM). Seeing that 500k is nearly double what was last year. Also your video was taken on BF the day this article is about.

Does it really bother you that much that the 360 may have sold 800K WW for the week? Does that effect your personal life in some way? I don't see what this is all about. Why don't we wait until the numbers are finalized?

was that a weak attempt at patronizing me?

bigjon said:
elendar said:
I checked the site a couple days ago what did I see? bigjon talking crap about 360s expected blackfriday sales. Now when they do even better than last year its still "only" hundreds of thousands of 360s. What a failure!!

Go back and read what I wrote I dont even remember what I wrote by I am pretty sure I put it at - well here is what i said...

"um ya, I do realize it is not just any week. Basically, if we see godly sales of the 360 this week (I am saying like 450k in NA alone) ioi will have overtracked and NDP will come in lower for the 360.

I expect sales of 350k or so in NA, and about 550-600 k ww- which would be very sexy sales."

If you call that trashing, well have it your way. I was low on Europe (I was not expecting even more increase), and mostly likely 50-75k low in NA.

Also, I did not know MS said they sold 310k last year. They does change things. But It certain caps it at AROUND 450k, I saw some people saying they expected 550k+.

Either way, I think it is funny how you guys will believe ioi's initial numbers over intertal sales data.... ioi does an awsome job with this site, and I trust his numbers(meaning I believe he is not slanting his numbers in some fanboy way), but I also know he is working with limited data and resourses(thus the reason I NEVER get pissed when he is wrong)

Actually you said 400k would be it's max.  Also, if it sold 310k last year on Black Friday then that mean using last years percentages of consoles sold on Black Friday and outside of Black Friday, that brings this weeks to an estimated 460,350 consoles sold.

Of course, this is if there's similar percentages, which could be higher or lower.  I'm going to guess that because it's been selling well, it will sell more than 18.8% outside of Black Friday, but maybe not.  Then, there's sales from Canada and Mexico to factor in.  500k is very possible.

KatinJin said:
Probably gonna be around 450k-500k when it is all said and done taking into account MS numbers and VGS estimates. Still the point of thread I started and the very topic was this going to be the 360s biggest week. Well, clearly it seems so at this point. Atlhough, anyway you cut it the PS3 figures will not be too pretty.

yes, it will be the 360's best week ever. Also, to be fair the mention of what? Around 400% increases in Europe kinda backs up ioi really high 360 others numbers.

No, it has more to do with me backing up my gut feeling. When I saw ioi's over 500k prediction is just seemed really high. 425k or so makes sense.

Also I did not look up microsofts figures, I figures ioi adjusted to them. I hate to be open up another can of worms, but Why did he just adjust to them? Is is possible MS was too high on themselves? I really doupt they would even lowball their sales numbers...

Also, I even said the numbers did not makes sense. (Mainly the PS3 only selling 120k part)

noslodecoy said:
bigjon said:
elendar said:

Actually you said 400k would be it's max.  Also, if it sold 310k last year on Black Friday then that mean using last years percentages of consoles sold on Black Friday and outside of Black Friday, that brings this weeks to an estimated 460,350 consoles sold.

Of course, this is if there's similar percentages, which could be higher or lower.  I'm going to guess that because it's been selling well, it will sell more than 18.8% outside of Black Friday, but maybe not.  Then, there's sales from Canada and Mexico to factor in.  500k is very possible.

MS did not sell 310k in one day. I also have NO clue how you figured % of BF numbers for the week.

Max King of the Wild said:
I dont think bigjon cares how the ps3 did. also I'll repeat myself here. MS gets their numbers from gamespot. So in gamespot the ratio was 3:1

If the 25% as well is only from GameSpot's numbers then the percentage does not help well at all.  Could be higher, could be lower.