By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

@Infamous

Honestly if 8 player partys help the 360 sell, then I wonder what the 32 player party's in HOME will do?

Your not making any sense

mM
Around the Network

360 has really turned things around in others. I totally did not expect this kind of change. I thought 360 would be lucky to equal PS3 with the price cut...

Quite shocking actually.

leo-j said:
@Infamous

Honestly if 8 player partys help the 360 sell, then I wonder what the 32 player party's in HOME will do?

I said it was a factor because I was only mentioning casuals. HOME will not have 32-player partys that can travel with you to whichever game you decide to play, if you want them to, and there are other good things about the 8-person party system, it's not just "ZOMG 8 OF US ARE TOGETHER HEREZ". Seriously, you nit-pick that out of everything I said? It goes to show.. makes me feel good about everything I wrote. And is HOME even out yet? So why are you bringing that into the equation? Rofl.

@CGI: You seem to say this argument is worthless only when you're backed against a corner and don't have much to say, this is twice now. But I'll leave it at that, because we can argue forever.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Serious_frusting said:
lord have mercy, me and me friends have all brought a ps3 this week, well i brought another ps3 should i say i dont know anyone who has brought a 360 this week, well it must be next people i dont know who has been buying a 360 but i find these numbers hard to believe

Everyone I know has purchased Nintendo products since the N64 days. So I guess Sony and Microsoft do not make consoles...

However, I do agree with you that the PS3 numbers are too low.

Around the Network
Infamous said:
chaospluto said:
Infamous said:
CGI-Quality said:
Not unexpected though. Sony had NO pricecut and still managed to sell 170,000 systems in just one region. I would not call this a failure but a delay in what's to come for PS3. It isn't that it's doing bad just not as good as we would like it to. Still great for 360 but, once again, this is not a shocker. $200 vs $400 - Yes 360 will continue this, especially during this time of an Economic Crisis the likes which we have not seen since the Great Depression.

Wow, I don't mean to respond to you in another thread, but face the facts.

It was announced that only around 50% of arcades contributed to these sales. So, if 360 sold 310k, that puts it to 155k ARCADE units sold alone, meaning that 60gigs/Elites contributed to these great sales (which, if you've been following up, you would know because 360's are sold out almost everywhere in every SKU save an Elite here and there).

That means that, without $200 arcades, 360 STILL sold more than PS3 in others. Imagine when America pops up..

Point being, please let the "$200 price vs $400" thing go. Obviouslu price has a factor, OBVIOUSLY (throwing that in here for future flames), but come on now.. NXE, plathora of great games, etc..

And yes, the PS3 is doing well. We know.

Because $300 vs $400 isn't a big difference amirite?  >.> Wait, you mean $100 difference sells units?  ZOMG, nowais!

Let's see:

PS3 - $400, 80gig No Bundle -$500, 160gig + Bundle

360 - $200, Arcade No Bundle - $300, Pro + Bundle - $400, Elite + Bundle

I wonder why 360 sold more, I mean isn't it obvious?  Come on man, don't be bashing when you don't even compare or throw facts in.

Edit: Oh yeah, also there were some Black Friday sales that shoved 360s for around $180.  I seen a guy purchase a 360 for that price at my local Wal Mart.

Learn to read next time you decide to bash a comment. I said the $200 vs $400 excuse that is thrown around alot. That was the point of EVERTTHING I mentioned. And did I not say price obviously has a factor, twice..? Two times. Lmao.

I guess you missed my whole point.  My point wasn't targetted directly at your post. 

My point was targetted at what you were saying to CGI-Quality.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

tk1797 said:
leo-j said:
@Infamous

Leo-j's right, neither's fancy layout is going to do anything. All that matters is the price and selectio of game available.

Well, there is a difference. Live makes money, not so sure about PSN or Home. The online advertising market is collapsing badly, which will likely negatively impact anything ad driven. Trying to get online ad revenue these days is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

If you can make good money off of Live, that makes a price cut on the console easier. However if you lose money on network services, that is less money available to fund a price cut.

NXE is big factor, can you do 32 party voice chat in home , no, you have to type it.

also the netflix things, also HDD install etc, it is a great factor. not just price alone.

NXE brings so many good thing, and it is available right away, it is a big factor, also of course

proven xbox live, which give us better online experience and profit to MS.

FishyJoe said:
tk1797 said:
leo-j said:
@Infamous

Leo-j's right, neither's fancy layout is going to do anything. All that matters is the price and selectio of game available.

Well, there is a difference. Live makes money, not so sure about PSN or Home. The online advertising market is collapsing badly, which will likely negatively impact anything ad driven. Trying to get online ad revenue these days is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

If you can make good money off of Live, that makes a price cut on the console easier. However if you lose money on network services, that is less money available to fund a price cut.

Good points.

The online advertising market is collapsing?  Got any interesting articles on that one?

CGI-Quality said:
@ Infamous

You also need to read more carefully, you are making yourself look bad right now bud...seriously

You want to keep up? You and Leo-J "debunked" my posts, gee I would've never guessed it was possible coming from you two! You're making yourself look bad; people will come in here and read our argument and see how pathetic you are. Just because you have nothing else to say you call the argument worthless. You seem desperate to get the "last" word, even if you're proven wrong. And you say it's no big deal, but yet you keep responding. Keep it up bro, I really don't mind. I'm bored at work here, anyway.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*