By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

I don't know. It seems like 170,000 units sold this week by the PS3 would be amazing if it was competing against the Dreamcast, Gamecube, or N64. Did they ever have those kinds of sales in one week in Others? But against the 360 and Wii numbers for this week, they seem kind of awful. So what does that mean for the PS3 in the big picture of things?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network

I like how even when the information is negative to how you want it to go you put the extra effort to put in a "!".

I agree with Mummelmann. Though i don't think they'd lose all support so long as they keep things fairly close overall userbase wise.

Kasz216 said:
I like how even when the information is negative to how you want it to go you put the extra effort to put in a "!".

I agree with Mummelmann. Though i don't think they'd lose all support so long as they keep things fairly close overall userbase wise.

ROFL. The information might be negative alright, last month the 360 was UNDERTRACKED..  ;)

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Infamous said:
Kasz216 said:

ROFL. The information might be negative alright, last month the 360 was UNDERTRACKED..  ;)

Eh?  I meant Darth would of much perferred the PS3 doing better... yet he posted it with a !

Where most people who perfer one system over the other would just really not post anything.

Hey... and on the bright side... I think it's up about 40K YOY. (PS3 that is)

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Infamous said:
Kasz216 said:

Eh?  I meant Darth would of much perferred the PS3 doing better... yet he posted it with a !

Where most people who perfer one system over the other would just really not post anything.

Well, from even befiore I joined, when I used to lurk here I remember when I first seen Darth he was as pure as a PS3 fanbot can be. Now he grew and seems to be a PS3 FAN, not a fanboy. In +Sony threads he actually defends PS3 and talks about it, but doesn't demeanor other systems (as far as I have seen..). He gives other systems recognation when deserved, while still being a pure-hearted Playstation FAN.

That, people, is what gives me faith for Vgchartz. Bravo.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

CGI-Quality said:
@ Infamous

The “fact” is that the PS3 is selling just fine with NO price cut. So what was the point u were trying to make here? NXE is good but u really believe it's a big reason for the 360 selling 310,000 consoles in one region? And there is no “fact” in that either, just your opinion.

For casuals? LOL? Hell yeah it can be, and is going to be from here on end, a selling point for the 360. Even for the hardcore, Netflix, 8 person partys, etc can be very inviting!

And, the fact I mentioned isn't my "opinion," there's a topic stickied somewhere that talks about BF sales and how it's reported around 50% of 360 sales were arcade sales. Not my opinion. Maybe they're lying? Still not my opinion.

And I said the PS3 is selling decently..why mention it again? Sigh..

Proud Owner of: 

Infamous said:
CGI-Quality said:
Not unexpected though. Sony had NO pricecut and still managed to sell 170,000 systems in just one region. I would not call this a failure but a delay in what's to come for PS3. It isn't that it's doing bad just not as good as we would like it to. Still great for 360 but, once again, this is not a shocker. $200 vs $400 - Yes 360 will continue this, especially during this time of an Economic Crisis the likes which we have not seen since the Great Depression.

Wow, I don't mean to respond to you in another thread, but face the facts.

It was announced that only around 50% of arcades contributed to these sales. So, if 360 sold 310k, that puts it to 155k ARCADE units sold alone, meaning that 60gigs/Elites contributed to these great sales (which, if you've been following up, you would know because 360's are sold out almost everywhere in every SKU save an Elite here and there).

That means that, without $200 arcades, 360 STILL sold more than PS3 in others. Imagine when America pops up..

Point being, please let the "$200 price vs $400" thing go. Obviouslu price has a factor, OBVIOUSLY (throwing that in here for future flames), but come on now.. NXE, plathora of great games, etc..

And yes, the PS3 is doing well. We know.

Because $300 vs $400 isn't a big difference amirite?  >.> Wait, you mean $100 difference sells units?  ZOMG, nowais!

Let's see:

PS3 - $400, 80gig No Bundle -$500, 160gig + Bundle

360 - $200, Arcade No Bundle - $300, Pro + Bundle - $400, Elite + Bundle

I wonder why 360 sold more, I mean isn't it obvious?  Come on man, don't be bashing when you don't even compare or throw facts in.

Edit: Oh yeah, also there were some Black Friday sales that shoved 360s for around $180.  I seen a guy purchase a 360 for that price at my local Wal Mart.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

I'm a Wii60 guy, so I'm not gonna root for the PS3. However, I have to remind everyone that 2 years ago the PSP was thought dead in the water. All the ingredients for a PS3 revival are there except the price. I still don't think it'll ever dominate, anymore than the PSP does, but it can at least put together respectable numbers and finish a close third or second before the next gen systems are launched.

chaospluto said:
Infamous said:
CGI-Quality said:
Not unexpected though. Sony had NO pricecut and still managed to sell 170,000 systems in just one region. I would not call this a failure but a delay in what's to come for PS3. It isn't that it's doing bad just not as good as we would like it to. Still great for 360 but, once again, this is not a shocker. $200 vs $400 - Yes 360 will continue this, especially during this time of an Economic Crisis the likes which we have not seen since the Great Depression.

Wow, I don't mean to respond to you in another thread, but face the facts.

It was announced that only around 50% of arcades contributed to these sales. So, if 360 sold 310k, that puts it to 155k ARCADE units sold alone, meaning that 60gigs/Elites contributed to these great sales (which, if you've been following up, you would know because 360's are sold out almost everywhere in every SKU save an Elite here and there).

That means that, without $200 arcades, 360 STILL sold more than PS3 in others. Imagine when America pops up..

Point being, please let the "$200 price vs $400" thing go. Obviouslu price has a factor, OBVIOUSLY (throwing that in here for future flames), but come on now.. NXE, plathora of great games, etc..

And yes, the PS3 is doing well. We know.

Because $300 vs $400 isn't a big difference amirite?  >.> Wait, you mean $100 difference sells units?  ZOMG, nowais!

Let's see:

PS3 - $400, 80gig No Bundle -$500, 160gig + Bundle

360 - $200, Arcade No Bundle - $300, Pro + Bundle - $400, Elite + Bundle

I wonder why 360 sold more, I mean isn't it obvious?  Come on man, don't be bashing when you don't even compare or throw facts in.

Edit: Oh yeah, also there were some Black Friday sales that shoved 360s for around $180.  I seen a guy purchase a 360 for that price at my local Wal Mart.

Learn to read next time you decide to bash a comment. I said the $200 vs $400 excuse that is thrown around alot. That was the point of EVERTTHING I mentioned. And did I not say price obviously has a factor, twice..? Two times. Lmao.

Proud Owner of: