By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

Yeah and Sony still has more hardware out there then M$.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ mibuokami

You know what you said backs my original post. Of course, a certain poster, felt the need to attempt to contradict me with “supposed” facts. That was my main point: PS3 sales, as they are, were expected due to it's price. $200 console vs $400 console, in the current economic situation, is much more afforfable, hence, higher sales for the cheaper console, and yes other things factor in as well: Live, Gears 2, Netflix etc. But the price + global recession are mostly responsible for the huge spike in 360 sales. Simple logic can go a long way if folks choose to use it. However, the Wii is a hardware monster in a class by itself, which is great for Nintendo :) Sony can have an even better 09 than 08 - even though Sony did fine in 08 but it will only get better.

....couple pages back, Nightsurge sorta put the screws to ya' when he pointed out that the arcade model only accounted for around half of all sales, which means that the two more expensive versions..obviously...made up for the rest. Those two by themselves still outsold the PS3. Since you didn't respond to Nightsurge, i just thought i'd remind you, as i'd like to hear your answer since the question negates any use of the $200 vs. $400 argument. Also, applying your 'simple logic' assertation, why isn't the Arcade outselling the Wii, regardless of what a monster it is, doesn't your 'simple logic' rule dictate that something cheaper sells more? And... what about 2007, when the economy was far more stable and there were no price cuts to use as bait for discussion.... why did the 360 outsell the PS3 then?

Sevengen said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ mibuokami

You know what you said backs my original post. Of course, a certain poster, felt the need to attempt to contradict me with “supposed” facts. That was my main point: PS3 sales, as they are, were expected due to it's price. $200 console vs $400 console, in the current economic situation, is much more afforfable, hence, higher sales for the cheaper console, and yes other things factor in as well: Live, Gears 2, Netflix etc. But the price + global recession are mostly responsible for the huge spike in 360 sales. Simple logic can go a long way if folks choose to use it. However, the Wii is a hardware monster in a class by itself, which is great for Nintendo :) Sony can have an even better 09 than 08 - even though Sony did fine in 08 but it will only get better.

....couple pages back, Nightsurge sorta put the screws to ya' when he pointed out that the arcade model only accounted for around half of all sales, which means that the two more expensive versions..obviously...made up for the rest. Those two by themselves still outsold the PS3. Since you didn't respond to Nightsurge, i just thought i'd remind you, as i'd like to hear your answer since the question negates any use of the $200 vs. $400 argument. Also, applying your 'simple logic' assertation, why isn't the Arcade outselling the Wii, regardless of what a monster it is, doesn't your 'simple logic' rule dictate that something cheaper sells more? And... what about 2007, when the economy was far more stable and there were no price cuts to use as bait for discussion.... why did the 360 outsell the PS3 then?

I'd just like to say that I did not point that out to him.  That was Infamous. 

nightsurge said:
Sevengen said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ mibuokami

I'd just like to say that I did not point that out to him.  That was Infamous. 

...sorry...didn't feel like jumping back a few pages to make sure i had the name right. my bad.

LOL, it's ok, man. Just didn't want any fire directed at the wrong person. It was nice of you to try and give props to the original poster, though, rather than make the same argument and claim it as yours.

Around the Network

Just crazy numbers all around. WOW.

CGI-Quality said:
@ sevengen

If the $200 Arcade model was the ONLY 360 sku you don't think it would do laps around the PS3 MOSTLY due to it's price + global recession? I said the figures were expected, where was I proven wrong...hmm

I don't think anyone was trying to prove you wrong about the expected sales figures.  I think Infamous mostly wanted you to see that only 50% of the sales were the arcade model (not just opinion or made up numbers, but ones from this website and other news sources) and that the other 50% was the higher priced 360's which still sold more than the total PS3's in others, so you could not merely say the majority of sales were attributed to the $200 price point.  Half the sales could be attributed to it, but half is still not a majority.  I think that is all Infamous was trying to say.  You and Leo-J never combatted that point with sound evidence.  Then it was just a "who gets last word" battle over an argument that never really ended.

Then, again, we cannot reduce ourselves to "If, then" posts.  If the Arcade was the only SKU, it would most likely be different, and include different things.  If hypothetically this same Arcade now, was the only SKU, the sales would be very unpredictable and the console would probably receive much more bad press about not coming with even as much memory as a Wii!  No more "If, then" arguments, please.

Nightsurge wins

sony fanboy need to stop being delusional, you want facts?
$200 vs $400 is fact!
Sony created a more expensive system that is facts!
Sony dug this hole for themself that is facts!
No one point a gun to Sony to make a more expensive sytem that is facts!
Other system are selling more units than Sony that is facts!
what can we sum up here? Too fucking Bad for sony.
Why are fanboy trying to defense Sony?? they knew about the risk producing a more expensive system, and too bad they bidded on the wrong strategy.
Just like Those big banks, they knew about high risk of Sub prime Loan and now they want tax payers to bail them out. Too fucking bad for them! amen.

nm