By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
indodude said:
Passenger57 said:
indodude said:
Xbox 360 ate everything they lost against the PS3.

I'm gonna make this my sig!

Is that a good thing or bad thing? O_o

Good thing. I'm also adding some other stuff I've seen in this thread thats bad ! 

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Actually, there are quite a few people here that have invested in game related companies.

that specific comment was in reference to the Big 3 and the people that need to change their pants whenever the Hardware numbers come out.

RPG said:
FishyJoe said:

This difference is that the PS3 will never be the least expensive. I'm not saying a price cut won't improve sales, but it may not have the same impact.

Well then it comes down to the general public knowing what you get for your buck, PS3 comes with so many more features so it should never be cheaper then the 360. But I disagree here with you, a $100 price cut of a Playstation console IMO would destroy 360 sales. We are at a point where price is the reason the 360 is selling, time will come when PS3 drops in price with all those great games and just dont see what MS can do........besides another price cut. Price is not everything to many though, my friends are simply waiting for GT5 before they pick up there PS3's.

I disagree. The average person just sees two gaming consoles which plays similar games. Other than the blu-ray movies, they are the same machine to most people. And with cheap blu-ray players, that extra feature is far less important.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PLAYSTATION-Console-Little-Planet/dp/B001IBHTZY/ref=pd_ts_vg_h__5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 80 GB Console with Little Big Planet (PS3)
Release Date: 5 Dec 2008

So.. next week in Europe should be HUGE for PS3. =)
Otherwise, it`s a bad time for PS3.
But next year will retake in sales(KZ2, U2, HR, GT5, FFXIII, Y3, GoW3 and etc.).

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.o @ everything but ps related.

Amazing sales. Bring me software

Around the Network

Oh so the LBP bundle didnt release in europe after all..

mM
CrazzyMan said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PLAYSTATION-Console-Little-Planet/dp/B001IBHTZY/ref=pd_ts_vg_h__5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 80 GB Console with Little Big Planet (PS3)
Release Date: 5 Dec 2008

So.. next week in Europe should be HUGE for PS3. =)
Otherwise, it`s a bad time for PS3.
But next year will retake in sales(KZ2, U2, HR, GT5, FFXIII, Y3, GoW3 and etc.).

Oh cmon, LBP has already dropped way down the charts. It's not going to make a difference.

Aw... good numbers for PS3, dissopointed in the 360 thought it should be selling like the Wii at its current price. Next year MS gets owned by a cheaper better PS3.

Yet, maybe people are waiting for a FREE game. Why not to wait one week? =)
We will see next week. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Wow crazy time for the 360.

I wonder how MS got the price of the 360 + controller + bundled SW down below $200 to begin with?  Man, if I was an investor, I hope they actually did manage it.