By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mtofu said:
as a sony fanboy, it's a harsh reality when faced with numbers like these.

whatever sony does next year (gt5/gow3), i doubt they'll cut the distance by very much (optimistically, maybe half?)

A price cut worked for 360, why cant a price cut work for PS3? I just dont see the logic with those kinds of comments, add the huge games coming and that simply increases my amazement of such statements.

Around the Network

@RPG

because then microsoft will cut the price again

mM
RPG said:
mtofu said:

whatever sony does next year (gt5/gow3), i doubt they'll cut the distance by very much (optimistically, maybe half?)

A price cut worked for 360, why cant a price cut work for PS3? I just dont see the logic with those kinds of comments, add the huge games coming and that simply increases my amazement of such statements.

This difference is that the PS3 will never be the least expensive. I'm not saying a price cut won't improve sales, but it may not have the same impact.

I bet Nintendo plotted revenge against Sony since the time they realized that their N64 sales weren't good.

FishyJoe said:

Nintendo and Microsoft are also in the 20% range.

Sony around 3% and likely a lot less for the upcoming year.

Aye, some people were speculating next quarters they'd report a 1% gross margin.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
RPG said:
mtofu said:

This difference is that the PS3 will never be the least expensive. I'm not saying a price cut won't improve sales, but it may not have the same impact.

Not to mention that Sony's blown every advantage they've had this gen. I'm sure they'll do something stupid like cut the price in March, minimizing the effect, and then not cut it at all around the holidays, putting out some pompus statement about how they don't need to cut the price.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

for the first time i'm starting to think ps3 may never be able to catch up with 360. ps3 spent 3/4ths of a year slowly chipping away at 360's sales lead and between the past couple of months and these holidays 360 could expand the gap by several hundred thousand at least for the entire year. if they can keep the momentum going into the new year so that the ps3 doesn't gain anything next year then i'd say 360 is securely in 2nd place.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Nintendomination can never be stopped it appears.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

On a serious note, did anyone actually expect the PS3 to outsell anything this holiday season? Considering the price point, it is selling major numbers.

It's all about the game.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
it the 360 REALLY selling that high? i mean no offense but vgchartz are notorious for over doing the 360 numbers and out of this site people say the guy who does the numbers is a troll or something and a 360 fan? i aint making this up go and see.

You make me cry.

I'm wondering how you have 150 or so posts to your name and are on -3000 VGC dollarz. Bad predictions or frequent banning?

Anyway, since the 360 price cut, VGChartz was actually undertracking the 360 for about a month, then had to adjust the numbers upwards when they conflicted with shipment figures, or NPD numbers.

On topic - well done to the two regular money printers

also a big well done to the 360, MS have done very well for themseves this year