By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How is dropping the price to DS levels desperate? How is buying every game that square has desperate? How is it desperate?

Its not, its the complete opposite.

mM
Around the Network
11ht11 said:
lol i remember when people called the 360 price cut MS being desperate, but now they call the ps3 price cut a chance for better sales

Desperate times call for desperate measures, that's all.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

WOW, the DS can sell 1 million in one week in Others, CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crisis affecting PS3 sales,
or maybe just data is not complete.

Anyway, that`s really impressive, how Europeans reacting on x360 pricecut in before Christmas.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Pristine20 said:
I can't understand many individuals on this site. How do the sales of the console affect the games you play? Even if the ps3 dreamcasts at the worst case scenario, you'll always have the great games you bought to play for as long as you're interested. So much gloom and doom talk lol.

Who knows? All I care about is playing good games and all 3 have great games!

Former something....

Around the Network

Looks like the 360/PS3 difference will be close to 450k this week. The YTD will be gone pretty quickly at this rate. A couple of weeks at most.

11ht11 said:
lol i remember when people called the 360 price cut MS being desperate, but now they call the ps3 price cut a chance for better sales

i'll admit i was one of those people, but only before the huge adjustments in the 360's favour. initially, the numbers indicated that the price drop did next to nothing for the 360, so naturally people were thinking that it was a bit desparate. but then the numbers were adjusted and that just flipped the whole thing on its head.

quite impressive numbers for the wii, 360 and ds. PS3, just hang in there.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

If this is accurate, then the 360 will hit over 850K for the week WW, and the PS3 sales lead for the year will be evaporated by next week.

If sales continue through Christmas at this ratio, 360 might go into 2009 selling a million units more than than PS3 for the year. Comeback for the ages?

And yet, 360's amazing performance looks pitiful compared to the Wii/DS dominance. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

Pristine20 said:
I can't understand many individuals on this site. How do the sales of the console affect the games you play? Even if the ps3 dreamcasts at the worst case scenario, you'll always have the great games you bought to play for as long as you're interested. So much gloom and doom talk lol.

geez... don't say such things. you make me feel like i have to start buying all sorts of ps3 games that i was never really interested in getting.