By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii owners Secret Santa thread (Post before December 15th to join!)

Okay, I'm a little confused. Is adding someone's Wii code into my address book all I need to do to "register" them? If I can't send something, does it simply mean that the recipient hasn't "registered" me yet?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

sorry was a little late adding codes but i am getting them all on there now...will send my tiny tim the gift as soon as i register them and they register me... and we swap DNA and give details of our family tree

GooseGaws said:
Okay, I'm a little confused. Is adding someone's Wii code into my address book all I need to do to "register" them? If I can't send something, does it simply mean that the recipient hasn't "registered" me yet?

Yeah, that's all you need. Remember though that if your Tim is from another country, you'll also have to change your Wii's country settings. And evidently the other person has to have their Wii connected to the internet.

Khuutra said:
MIGHT I SUGGEST THAT ALL NORTH AMERICA FOLKS CHANGE THEIR COUNTRY TO "US" FOR NOW?

It seems like a good idea.

Try "great idea." Although some folks might not get the message in time...hmm.

Also everyone has to be registered with the shop channel.

I know this may seem like an unnecessary detail, but it's true, and some people might not be. I guess?

I'm sending my gift by proxy, I'm three hours away from my Wii. This is the spirit of Christmas...!

Around the Network

One round of gifts done. Now I need to think about my next one.

And both are done. I hope they like them. Now to wait patiently for mine to come. *waits patiently*

Also, is it possible to gift downloadable content or do the people have to get it themselves?

I don't think DLC is giftable (not a word I know so sue me, who's the contributor/review writer here? huh? not you! joking around of course)

I think it has to be in the Wii shop channel to be able to gift it and only the main game is in the Shop Channel cause you have to access DLC through the game itself, kind of annoying but it's not like other platforms have a gifting function, so I guess we take what we can get for now. But DLC isn't too much for Wii Ware games and hey everyone has gotten one of those gifts on Christmas where not all parts were included and you had to go out the next day and buy it yourself with all the lines and people returning things =P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ok, I got my Tiny Tim ^^
He is one special case, and he got alot of VC and WiiWare games!

This is harder than i though!

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

silverlunar777 said:
Ok, I got my Tiny Tim ^^
He is one special case, and he got alot of VC and WiiWare games!

This is harder than i though!

Same here.  My Tim has a lot of games.  What to give... 

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light