By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hard to play Resident Evil: ReMake after playing RE4...

It seems to me that it hard for me to play Resident Evil: Remake on the Gamecube.

I have never actually beat a Resident Evil with those control mechanics before and to me they are clunky at best. I played Resident Evil 4 and loved the control scheme. 

Is it normal for me to like the new control scheme in Resident Evil 4 than the original clunky control scheme found in the previous games in the series?

I mean I just can't seem to play the original Resident Evil games after playing Resident Evil 4.

Around the Network

What

Have

You

DONE!

RUN DAMMIT RUN BEFORE THEY GET HERE I'LL HOLD THEM OFF

@Khuutra

lol, what you talking about?

Benga Benga and KylieDog will be here in MINUTES

I also liked RE4 more than any game in the Resident Evil series proper but diehard RE fans have been known to cannibalize non-believers

Dude, I just bought the game from Gamestop about a month ago. Never turned the Gamecube on until today. I popped in Resident Evil: ReMake and dude the controls just pissed me off completely. I just couldn't get into the game liked I wanted to.

I was expecting to move the camera around like in RE4.

I grew up with the original Resident Evil's, I just never found the chance to get into them. But my first true Resident Evil game was RE4. That game is amazing. It was what I wanted from a zombie/survival horror game.

I'm telling the truth and my opinion. So they can get mad if they want.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:

It seems to me that it hard for me to play Resident Evil: Remake on the Gamecube.

I have never actually beat a Resident Evil with those control mechanics before and to me they are clunky at best. I played Resident Evil 4 and loved the control scheme. 

Is it normal for me to like the new control scheme in Resident Evil 4 than the original clunky control scheme found in the previous games in the series?

I mean I just can't seem to play the original Resident Evil games after playing Resident Evil 4.

xlost7 it is hard for me to play any of the RE games after playing RE 4. The Remake for the Cube, or the first three on the PSX, throw Code Veronica on there to. The controls in RE 4 are amazing I almost wanted to throw my controller when I attmpted to play Code Veronica the other day. The control scheme on the old RE game (remake included) was very frustrating.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

They won't really get mad, I am exaggerating for comedic effect.

My first RE experience was RE2 on the N64. I still prefer it to the REmake, if only for the monster design and how the whole game's design makes me scratch my head less.

And there I am! Lol!

Let me keep it civilized: Yes it's normal that you hate the controls, but you'll get used to it in an hour or so.
Once you've pushed through that enormous learning curve one of the most hardcore, deep and amazing games lies waiting for you. After you've finished it you'll feel great that you've played it and will think RE4, however great it is, is for sissies.

Edit: Oh and for heavens sake: start with Jill!!!

Benga I think you are exaggerating

You can say a lot of things about RE4, but not that it is for sissies.

Dang it BengaBenga, i was hoping you wouldn't show up either.

Exactly my point it is way to hardcore for me to get into the game. Just moving the analog stick in a direction and then running, idk. It's just confusing at best. The zombies were eating me alive when I was trying to avoid them. I was only at the first part of the game. And I managed to get the arrow and go to the graveyard and I died.

I need full control over the camera. It is a deep experience I know it is. That's why I want to play it, but the controls are freaking clunky!!!