By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 bundles for just 135 Euro

@MikeB: Then you should add shipping charges (which are likely to be substantial). Furthermore, some online stores charge you VAT based on which country you live at.

Using the cheapest price you can find as "entry price" for the whole continent really doesn't make sense. You're not going to get to any reasonable conclusions using that approach. I can't say it surprises me though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@ NiKKoM

So the entry price for the PS3 is 350 euros? cause that is the price in france...

Yes that is or has been the entry pricing here in Europe.

Currently here in the Netherlands it's 395 Euro at Media Markt, but this includes two free games.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

@ NiKKoM

So the entry price for the PS3 is 350 euros? cause that is the price in france...

Yes that is or has been the entry pricing here in Europe.

Currently here in the Netherlands it's 395 Euro at Media Markt, but this includes two free games.

???????????????????? Anyone not MikeB explain this to me... cause to me.. one country in europe =/= whole europe..

and btw I'm Dutch so where can I pick up the 350 euro's PS3??

don't forget the fact that you can't have the cashback unless you live in that country..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@ NiKKoM

Intertoys for example sold 40 GB PS3s for 349 Euro recently here in the Netherlands, I don't know if that's their current pricing.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ NiKKoM

Currently you can buy a 40 GB PS3 for 376.95 Euro here in the Netherlands. This includes free shipping.

http://gaming-deal.com/shop/product.asp?pid=589

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
MikeB said:
NiKKoM said:
It's funny that MikeB is still claiming the entry price to be 135 euros. WITH THE SPECIAL CASH BACK ACTION.... so the intial entry price is still 165 euro.. Cause that's what you pay at the counter...

For entry pricing I of course look at the cheapest pricing, probably for countries like Sweden the PS3 and 360 pricing is much more expensive than for the Netherlands (which includes 19% tax). Here in Europe we have an open EU market, so you can buy a console in another country and take the console to Sweden or order it online if the shop supports cross country shipping.

or..

eh wait...

you can't have the cashback unless you live in that country..

According to the logic in this thread, the PS3 price of entry is whatever cheaper no matter limited offer you can find. Which makes the ps3 entry price to be 0$ since in some places it's given away with a sony hdtv purchase.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

kowenicki said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
NiKKoM said:
MikeB said:
NiKKoM said:
It's funny that MikeB is still claiming the entry price to be 135 euros. WITH THE SPECIAL CASH BACK ACTION.... so the intial entry price is still 165 euro.. Cause that's what you pay at the counter...

For entry pricing I of course look at the cheapest pricing, probably for countries like Sweden the PS3 and 360 pricing is much more expensive than for the Netherlands (which includes 19% tax). Here in Europe we have an open EU market, so you can buy a console in another country and take the console to Sweden or order it online if the shop supports cross country shipping.

or..

eh wait...

you can't have the cashback unless you live in that country..

According to the logic in this thread, the PS3 price of entry is whatever cheaper no matter limited offer you can find. Which makes the ps3 entry price to be 0$ since in some places it's given away with a sony hdtv purchase.

I got mine free with a new mobile phone contract for my wife.

Nice =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Good for MS!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@ Bitmap Frogs

Having to buy an expensive HDTV to get a PS3, isn't a cheap entry into PS3 gaming.

"Free deals" for all the consoles exist, but they aren't really free. A contract running for two years with you paying more than usual isn't really free (paying more than standalone contract from the same supplier or competitors). Of course the companies try to sell it as such, but these companies are out on making a profit.

You can also buy anything paying on a monthly basis (usually paying a little extra).

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ kowenicki

How much are you paying per month, for how long and what are the rates?

PS3 vs 360 sales