By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 bundles for just 135 Euro

NiKKoM said:
Yeah.. They are marketleader here.. with just 26 stores.. but their prices are always better then the competition...

They say that they are the biggest electronica chain in Europe... well at least in 15 countries of them..
They sometimes the name is different (in germany I believe it's Saturn) but it's still the same..

That's also the reason why their price is a bit cheaper.. they buy in for 500 stores at once across europe..

Thx for the info and nope the name here is Media Mart as well. Saturn is a different store, but owned by the same group

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Yeah.. They are marketleader here.. with just 26 stores.. but their prices are always better then the competition...

They say that they are the biggest electronica chain in Europe... well at least in 15 countries of them..
They sometimes the name is different (in germany I believe it's Saturn) but it's still the same..

That's also the reason why their price is a bit cheaper.. they buy in for 500 stores at once across europe..

Wow.. as far as computer stuff is concerned, there is not a single item in the Madiamarkt store that I cannot buy cheaper at one of the local PC shops (and one sits right next to the Mediamarkt in the town I live).

For out-of-Europe-readers: Mediamarkt is a giant European (not on British isles, though) reseller chain that sells from kitchen sinks to hair dryers to tvs and often says nobody is cheaper than us in their ads. In reality, you can almost invariably buy the same stuff cheaper if you look around well enough. Somehow they have to pay for their giant marketing department...

This is probably decided by the retailer, not Microsoft. I don't see these prices at many retailers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

drkohler said:
NiKKoM said:

Wow.. as far as computer stuff is concerned, there is not a single item in the Madiamarkt store that I cannot buy cheaper at one of the local PC shops (and one sits right next to the Mediamarkt in the town I live).

For out-of-Europe-readers: Mediamarkt is a giant European (not on British isles, though) reseller chain that sells from kitchen sinks to hair dryers to tvs and often says nobody is cheaper than us in their ads. In reality, you can almost invariably buy the same stuff cheaper if you look around well enough. Somehow they have to pay for their giant marketing department...

That's funny, because they have definitely the cheapest prices in Germany. Only internet shops can beat them.

NJ5 said:
This is probably decided by the retailer, not Microsoft. I don't see these prices at many retailers.

Not here in Basel, and I don't think we are the exception to the rule. I have been discussing this many times with the owner of the local PC shop, who is reasonably pissed that people walk into his store, get all the information they need, and then walk over to the Mediamarkt. While prices have come down there, tjhey are still 20-50%(!) higher than in our local PC shops.

The bread toaster I bought for $6.50 in the MM two years ago is still working though, surprisingly . And that price was unbeatable.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Yeah, it's a retailer discount to clear inventory.

Mike's just feeling hurt since his last attempt at pushing the sony pr slogan "bu-bu-bu the 360 it only sells because it's cheap" backfired hard.

Hey Mike, do I need to link the thread where your quoted 149€ price for Italy turned out to only be available in 11 stores for the whole country? Man, that thread backfired badly for you =D

You shouldn't abuse the short-term memory of the average forum-goer like that. But don't worry, I'll be here to make everyone remember.

edit: oh look, here it is http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=50715

edit2: spanish MediaMarket have that same bundle at 169€, by the way.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

i saw 360 Arcades for $169.99 at Canada. But it was a retail promotion only.

@ Bitmap Frogs

Mike's just feeling hurt since his last attempt at pushing the sony pr slogan "bu-bu-bu the 360 it only sells because it's cheap" backfired hard.

If you want to personally attack me, at least use proper ammo.

Actually I stated that I expected 360 sales to be good for this year due to various reasons. For one yes the entry pricing which is about up to XBox levels when that console got discontinued (or lower now, lower than I anticipated at 135 Euro), but that's only part of the whole picture, also all major XBox games have seen 360 sequels and the 360 install base is yet to reach XBox install base figures.

You are confusing yourself with my statements for next year, when I expect 360 sales to loose momentum, this again for a varierty of reasons.

Note ioi they estimate half of 360 sales this black friday were cheap (at least from an entry pricing perspective) arcade units.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@MikeB:

Ahem

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The unbundled Arcade has long been cheaper than an unbundled PSP or DS where I am

Proud Sony Rear Admiral