By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call Of Duty : World At War (COD5) KILLED Resistance 2 Sales!!

EDIT: Holy christmas, triple post.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
what are the real sales for resistance 2? when is NPD.

What do real numbers and NPD have in relation with each other?

*Za-zing*

@solidsnake

trend is vg chartz overtracks PS3 games

so they will likely be lower

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:
Shadowblind said:

Its not bundled, so its not gonna do as well as R1. To most people, it seems, Resistence is just another FPS series.

Most people being people that dont own resistance 2? R2 is by far a better game than WaW, so if you call R2 another FPS then its fine by me, I  know for a fact you have never even played resistance in your life. You constantly troll the sony forums as well.

LOL! Have you even played COD5?

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

kowenicki said:

@ darthdevide if you go to the home page of tesco, THE biggest retailer in the UK, they dont even show wii or PS3 in their games section... just xbox and PS2... odd.

http://jersey.tesco.com/default.aspx

you have to expand to see the others..... crap website indeed.

Don't go by the Jersey site, that's just a small site for dodging VAT and they carry very limited stock.

Around the Network

Dude, until Resistance 2 releases worldwide...shut the hell up!

I'm sick of people shouting flop if a game doesn't sell 500,000+ first week. Uncharted sold 136k first week and look where it is now. 2 million. This game isn't a major system seller, but if its anything like the first one, it will have legs.

I say 2.5-3 million lifetime minimum

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006

darthdevidem01 said:
@samuelIRsmith

ok....most shocking is to see Morrison's over sainsbury's

maybe its just my part of the UK where sainsbury's has faded out like anything

You're mid-England - the further North you go, the greater penetration that Morrison's has. It's basically because the further north you head, the lower the average wage (generally speaking), and Morrison's caters more for those markets.

Though they have been pushing recently to become a much more mainstream store, as you can tell from all their celebrity adverts.

SamuelRSmith said:
fulcizombie said:

Maybe these sony games didn't actually sell that much ? Crazy , i know, since sony games seem to sell like crazy when they have dropped off the software charts of every country in the world but stil....

Sorry... what the fuck are you talking about?

game has terrible first month sales -> game dissappears from every software chart in the world -> game magically sells millions of copies after a few months WITHOUT EVER APEARRING IN A SOFTWARE CHART AGAIN!! nintendo's wii games have legs ,sony's ps3 games do not.

fulcizombie said:
SamuelRSmith said:
fulcizombie said:

Maybe these sony games didn't actually sell that much ? Crazy , i know, since sony games seem to sell like crazy when they have dropped off the software charts of every country in the world but stil....

< sony-published game launches -> game has terrible first month sales -> game dissappears from every software chart in the world -> game magically sells millions of copies after a few months WITHOUT EVER APEARRING IN A SOFTWARE CHART AGAIN!! nintendo's wii games have legs ,sony's ps3 games do not.

I still don't get what you're saying, but I think you've got the idea of sales mixed up. Games don't just disappear of the charts and suddenly sell millions, they slowly sell a few thousand units a week... which build up to higher sales.... like, I dunno, a cross-country runner.

You know, the people with good legs.

SamuelRSmith said:
fulcizombie said:
SamuelRSmith said:
fulcizombie said:

< sony-published game launches -> game has terrible first month sales -> game dissappears from every software chart in the world -> game magically sells millions of copies after a few months WITHOUT EVER APEARRING IN A SOFTWARE CHART AGAIN!! nintendo's wii games have legs ,sony's ps3 games do not.

I still don't get what you're saying, but I think you've got the idea of sales mixed up. Games don't just disappear of the charts and suddenly sell millions, they slowly sell a few thousand units a week... which build up to higher sales.... like, I dunno, a cross-country runner.

You know, the people with good legs.

I thought it was more like a super model, with legs that go on for ever.