By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix 08 sales Down 75%

darthdevidem01 said:
HA!

I am very happy this has happened.

Givign all those JRPG's to 360 for no reason & SO4 as well....WTF!

& not supporting wii.....WTF!

they deserve this....

Haleluja, finally, someone is mentioning Star Ocean IV, besides me

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

What about revenue?

They will have a bigger 2009 than 2007 with DQ9, FFXIII and Star Ocean 4.

Thanks for ignoring my post guys! Still, I dont get it how supporting the PS3 would change the situation for Square-Enix this year. So if anybody cares to explain - please do.

Well what they haven't earned by games sales they have gotten from M$ so I don't think they have lost too much money.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Rei said:
Thanks for ignoring my post guys! Still, I dont get it how supporting the PS3 would change the situation for Square-Enix this year. So if anybody cares to explain - please do.

I think it's related to the "Ignore-The-Wii" syndrome.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Rei said:

I think it's related to the "Ignore-The-Wii" syndrome.

It's moreso if SE wasn't so busy accepting payments for exclusive games, they would maybe be more inclined to make games on the Wii and PS3. 

I mean, what idiotic company would make games on the lowest selling home console than the mid and high selling home consoles?  Who would choose exclusivity of a bomba console in Japan over ones that actually sell if large sums of money weren't involved.  If they didn't take MS's money, we'd have some Wii and PS3 games, that would have sold better than 95k easily.

They deserved it.

This here is even more support for my opinion that SE (especially the Square side) is destroying its franchises and user base.
Looking at these lists, they just make no sense for 2008.
Only the Enix side of SE makes sense.

darthdevidem01 said:
HA!

I am very happy this has happened.

Givign all those JRPG's to 360 for no reason & SO4 as well....WTF!

& not supporting wii.....WTF!

they deserve this....

...and the bitterness shines through once again...

Maybe if they had 12 (yes 12! see the list above) FF games this year like they did last year then they would have more sales. Next year once their big game comes out on the PS...oops, I mean DS (DQIX) then their sales will be reall high again from that game alone. The DS and to a lesser extent the PSP are really S-E's workhorses in Japan. The home consoles haven't really proven they can move RPG's in Japan like the handhelds.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"