By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R2 Ending Discussion ** SPOILERS **

Epoch said:
Damstr8 said:
maybe thats what just the beginning meant.after your converted,you go to war to fight for the chimera,or the humans are now involved with the other race.As much as i think hale is indeed dead....i have a feeling he will be in the events that take after R2.

You know, its kind of funny how the story is told through Hale.  He plays such a pivotal role, but he's never really portrayed as a hero.  He's just another soldier doing his job, while others above him pull the strings and hold the information.  Nobody ever sings his praises, and in the end, despite his best efforts, he never really seems to accomplish anything of importance.  He wins a couple battles, but in such an epic battle, it doesn't mean much. 

I would also like to know who they are referring to in "Can you hear them? They are calling to us."  I think it is the Chimeran overlords calling them home.  There is so much we still don't know.

Back to Stillman; I was surprised at just how DARK some of those excerpts were.  It really added a human element to the game, and showed how desperate things were.

that is what makes hale awesome.because his attitude is of a normal guy.he doesnt try to be a badass or anything he's just cool.And yeah,i think that the whole "can you hear them?" thing is maybe like the Master Angels or something like the first game.And Still was showing how civilians were dealing with what was happening.and it was awesome.

Around the Network

I thought the end was awesome but I just can't imagine playing another Resistance without Hale.
I think he's still alive, possibly because of his "super powers" but I do think we will see him again in the third.

i hope we see and play as nathan hale again, if for some reason we dont play as hale in the eventual resistance 3 game. i for one will be upset, because i have grown to like this character and i want to still continue to play as him.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

It seems unlikely that we will be playing as Hale again, but i suppose its possible.  I'm sure alot of fans are wondering if he's really dead; I happen to think its going to be hard for him to come back from a .45 to the head.  It was quite surprising that they actually did him in, I thought they'd find a way to save him, even though he appears doomed from the start.  Will be interesting to see where they take it, but in my opinion I don't think we'll be playing as Hale again.

Another reason I doubt he'll come back is because if he does come back, wouldn't he still have his Super Powers, thus making the game rather redundant?

I found the story mode to be shit, and there entire story gets more retarded as you read more and more of the intel reports and mission updates.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
I found the story mode to be shit, and there entire story gets more retarded as you read more and more of the intel reports and mission updates.

Would you say it is more, or less, retarded than the tale of two borderline mute plumbers who fight mushrooms and evil turtles to save a princess from a murderous turtle-dragon thing?  Over and over and over....

I've only just gotten through the singleplayer, and while I stopped a little to listen to Henry, it was never much and I never read any of the intel.
Mostly because I think it broke up the pace of the game, but I'm going to have a second go at the singleplayer and get all these things on board.
I haven't played any coop yet, but I have little time to play (and R2 coop has top priority on my gaming list right now).

I love the way R2 ended! Yes I will miss Hale, but is there any other way you would have wanted him to go!? This is perfect for him, he killed Daedalus, destroyed many chimerans, he made his last hours count.
It would have been wrong on so many levels for Insomniac to have him live after all these warnings.

I just hope we don't have to play as Cappelli in R3, he isn't what a great main character should be. And I hope Insomniac doesn't make R3 a 100% prequel, it would feel like they are just making you wait on seeing how humanity is doing. I wouldn't mind a prequel at all, but it should have relevance on what R2 presented to us, in terms of what is to come.

Epoch said:
Griffin said:

Would you say it is more, or less, retarded than the tale of two borderline mute plumbers who fight mushrooms and evil turtles to save a princess from a murderous turtle-dragon thing?  Over and over and over....

LOL,  He has a really good point there. 

I think its a really good story and loved the single player campaign. I dont think Nathan is dead.  I am really looking forward to R3.

Tifa got MOVES!

Since I beat it, I keep wondering if we aren't native to earth and humans ended up being some kind of offshoot of this other race the chimera were fighting with. It would explain why they are so hellbent on killing us off, but who knows we'll just have to wait and see.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
WAR_MACHINE77 said:
Since I beat it, I keep wondering if we aren't native to earth and humans ended up being some kind of offshoot of this other race the chimera were fighting with. It would explain why they are so hellbent on killing us off, but who knows we'll just have to wait and see.

The Chimeran claim to be the Evolution of Man, and that the planet once belonged to them.  As you say, we'll just have to wait and see