By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I've given up on Sony taking 2nd place

With no price cut this holiday season, the PS3 is going to get killed, and momentum is only going to carry onto 2009. Plus, the domino effect of all your friends having a 360 will only lead to more 360s being bought.

I wholeheartedly believe that Sony's 1st party will be/is superb and will continue to crunch out great games, and 3rd parties aren't ditching the console either, but in terms of bickering over sales, I'm done. No more fanboyism. No more getting livid when a game flops. No more nothing. I have both consoles, and I will enjoy them both. I personally think the PS3 is a better console, but number are numbers and you can't deny them. So while I will continue to game primarily on the PS3 and the 360 a close second, I believe that with this holdiay season, the 360 has cemented itsself in second place (if it takes over the Wii, that's another story).

NOW...I WILL save this thread in my sig, so just in case something like the PS3 getting to $249-299 comes up and sales go through the roof, I can come back here, retract my statement and GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT

Around the Network

Good for you. I have given up on being able to afford a 360 or PS3 within the next 5yrs. Anyway PS3 will take second place, because it will be on sale alot longer than the 360 will.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

the PS3 is 2 years old.... isnt it a touch early to call this?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

That's the smart thing to do... Holding your breath for the PS3 overcoming the huge gap to the 360 is not recommended unless you're really patient and feeling lucky. It's impossible in 2009, highly unlikely in 2010, and after that does it really matter?

Instead, enjoy your games in the knowledge that as long as the PS3 is supported by Sony it will at the very least continue receiving a lot of games the 360 receives, along with a few exclusives you probably like too.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It really doesn't matter anyway. I own all 3 systems, and could care less who wins the war. All 3 manufacturers will still make systems for the next generation. Each console has something that the other doesn't.

With that being said, I really have two wishes for the PS3. Make another controller that incorporates shorter, convexed analog stick (but I love the looseness of the sticks, so please don't change that), and more importantly an external replaceable battery... it really gets annoying.

My second big wish is for Sony to hurry up and overhaul the PSN. I hate it, and the interface is sub-par at best.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

@ssj12

I don't think so. But then again, I still have a glimmer of hope in that sales will someday pass everyone, which is why I put that little clause in there saying that I will retract my statement lol

pffff you couldn't have been a fanboy before if your giving up this easy, give the PS3 time it'll make it's comeback soon enough.

I cant rule out PS3 getting second place, IMO the Playstation brand is just too powerful to write off. The Wii it will not catch as Nintendo is powerful, no way can someone call off a Playstation console by an Xbox console. This is going to be nothing but a viscous cycle though, when the PS3 gets a boost from price cuts, GT5 etc it will be "360 is doomed" and vice versa when big Xbox franchises hit..

Just find it weird that people are writing off a brand which has sold 260 million to a brand which has sold 60 million consoles. If people honestly think brand name is not important........just LOL.

RPG said:
I cant rule out PS3 getting second place, IMO the Playstation brand is just too powerful to write off. The Wii it will not catch as Nintendo is powerful, no way can someone call off a Playstation console by an Xbox console. This is going to be nothing but a viscous cycle though, when the PS3 gets a boost from price cuts, GT5 etc it will be "360 is doomed" and vice versa when big Xbox franchises hit..

Just find it weird that people are writing off a brand which has sold 260 million to a brand which has sold 60 million consoles. If people honestly think brand name is not important........just LOL.

Give me a reason to believe brand name is very important to the point it can give a comeback of this nature.

Did Nintendo's brand name help it come close to the PS2 during the Gamecube era? No... Did Sega's brandname in Europe during the Mega Drive era (it was quite powerful) help it win against the competition in later generations? No...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Some people say this does not matter (no idea why) but 360 was released a year before the PS3, how many consoles did 360 sell in it's first two years? End of 09 will be then PS3 will have been released for the same time as 360 has been as of now, find it hard to stomach the PS3 not selling 7 million consoles in one year. :/