By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best console you have ever played?

GameCube and PS2.

Around the Network

PS2 with DS a very close second.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
makingmusic476 said:

The Nintendo 64 is the best system I have ever played.

No system can compare. It was the epitome of the plug and play console experience. I could pop in a cartridge, turn on the system, and be playing in mere seconds. Nothing beat getting home from school and roaming round in Hyrule for ~20 minutes before going to the doctor's office or whatever. It was just so easy, and you could fill in even the smallest gaps of free time with a bit of playing. The load times were almost non-existent, there weren't a hundred menus to get through before starting the game, and it had plenty of great games to play, like the Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Super Smash Bros.

Of course, the overall library pales to that of the ps2, imo.  But we're talking about the actual system here.

I could not agree more

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

The Nintendo 64

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Megadrive

Those are the best 2 consoles ever.

Around the Network

The SNES.

it was the time when the fun I have playing games was in full speed.

for me

Dreamcast then PS3

Honestly, the N64. It gave me and my friends a gaming experience totally new and never recreated.

We played Mario Kart, Golden Eye, KI and Perfect Dark literally for days in a row.

For the single player experience, I would have to say SNES.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Dreamcast for me by a long way. I think I have less games for it than just about any other system I owned but my experiences with the Dreamcast are so much fonder.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I didn't really buy very good SNES games, I loved my Mega Drive, got my Master System for like a dollar after I already owned a SNES+Megadrive

I never got to own a N64, the GC was sweet.

But the Wii takes the cake