By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How to stop recurring monthly LIVE payment?

Euphoria14 said:
CaptDS9E said:
People have a fear of making phone calls this day in age

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I already called?

If of course your post is aimed at me.

Nope wasn't aimed at you, as I saw your post about calling. Just responding to DJ's post

"You mean in this day and age when you have the internet? Calling any company for whatever reason is a huge pain in the ass these days."

5 minutes is a huge pain in the ass? Xbox support is probably the easiest to call for account issues. RROD is another matter

Around the Network

They are very polite on the phones so be grateful for that lol, Microsoft should put in options for cancelling through your Xbox though.

I think I am going to call again tomorrow morning and ask why my account still says "Renews on Jan 1st, 2009", then my membership level says "Gold account. Renews on Dec 30th, 2008" all while I made a call and have a claim number that stated my account should be cancelled.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Just a quick question for you. Why would you pay for a single month of live? You can get a free trial and all you have to do is sign up with a different email address. I have a cheap friend that has done this atleast 3 or 4 times and he never pays m$ anything. Every month around the same time he just creates a new online ID and I add him. I don't know how long he can keep this up. The only negative in this is he loses all of his achievements.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Euphoria they should be able to just let your account expire to become silver.

Around the Network
CaptDS9E said:

Even though it says "Renews on"? I am asking this question because I will be one very unhappy person if I get billed after calling them.

I have heard of times when people called, were told their subscriptions were cancelled and later found out they were still billed each month.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

damndl0ser said:
Just a quick question for you. Why would you pay for a single month of live? You can get a free trial and all you have to do is sign up with a different email address. I have a cheap friend that has done this atleast 3 or 4 times and he never pays m$ anything. Every month around the same time he just creates a new online ID and I add him. I don't know how long he can keep this up. The only negative in this is he loses all of his achievements.

I am pretty sure you can only do that 3-4 times total.

I like my achievements too.

Currently playing:

CaptDS9E said:
Euphoria14 said:
CaptDS9E said:
People have a fear of making phone calls this day in age

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I already called?

If of course your post is aimed at me.

Nope wasn't aimed at you, as I saw your post about calling. Just responding to DJ's post

"You mean in this day and age when you have the internet? Calling any company for whatever reason is a huge pain in the ass these days."

5 minutes is a huge pain in the ass? Xbox support is probably the easiest to call for account issues. RROD is another matter

Far more problems arise over the phone than when you do something yourself over the net, so yes, it's a huge pain in the ass. I hear Euphoria is wondering if the call did anything at all.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

CaptDS9E said:

XBL accounts do not expire, it recharges.

And if your creditcard does not work, they'll ban you from both Gold and Silver.

At that point, they'll constantly tell you to renew or change your card number via XBL on the 360, then when you try to change your information, they'll tell you that you can't access your credit card info without being online, then they'll boot you off XBL again, and tell you to change your credit card information by account settings again inorder to get online. It goes on forever until you call them.

Then they'll charge you for all the months you've been banned for, yes, I'm serious.... Microsoft WILL charge you even for the months in which you have been suspended from both silver and gold.

bbsin said:
CaptDS9E said:

XBL accounts do not expire, it recharges.

And if your creditcard does not work, they'll ban you from both Gold and Silver.

At that point, they'll constantly tell you to renew or change your card number via XBL on the 360, then when you try to change your information, they'll tell you that you can't access your credit card info without being online, then they'll boot you off XBL again, and tell you to change your credit card information by account settings again inorder to get online. It goes on forever until you call them.

Then they'll charge you for all the months you've been banned for, yes, I'm serious.... Microsoft WILL charge you even for the months in which you have been suspended from both silver and gold.

Any idea what the account info shoud say on Xbox.com if my account expires at the end of the 1 month period?

Mine still says "Renews on" even though I called and from what I see here that you wrote it seems as though I am stuck.

I seriously fucking hope not.

Anyone else have a cancelled account where Xbox.com still states "Renews on"? I really need to know.

Currently playing: