By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How to stop recurring monthly LIVE payment?

I picked up 1 month just to check out the Netflix option, must say it looks very nice on the TV as opposed to the Laptop monitor.

Anyways, we are not sure whether or not we will continue paying for both because I do not use LIVE at all, so I do not want MS to charge me each month. How would I go about stopping it?

If we decide to keep Netflix however we may just pick up the 13month card from the VGChartz store since it is only $38.99.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I know I have said some things about LIVE in the past, but please forgive me and help a fellow XBox user out?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

lol poor euphoria, Sorry i can't help

Probably gonna have to call them. I know when I didn't pay for Live, and my credit card expired, I was banned from XBL (even silver) until I updated my info. As soon as I did, BAM!! Automatic one year of Gold. I was pissed until E3.

Just call and tell them you want to cancel your subscription.

1-800-4my-xbox

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

You have to call them? That's awfully bad manners on the part of MS -- there should be a selection in the menu for "automatically renew" or "do not automatically renew."

Yeah, back when we were "transferring" Live from my friend's mom's account to his own they automatically put gold on and he had to actually call them to stop recurrent payment. Absolutely horrible service, if it's recurrent there should be some way to turn it off easily. Another reason why I'm happy I can just leech off my friend since I'd never bother with BS like this from MS.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

You could always just use the Live cards so you don't have a credit card file and they can't do recurring payments.

I really have to call them?

Sorry but I think that is unfair. I only selected 1 month and it automatically becomes a recurring monthly payment?

I don't know what MS thinks, but I know for a fact I am not stupid and if I was intending on going more than 1 month I would have just purchased a plan.

Damn them, they better not have long waits for a representative on the phone.

Currently playing:

Just one more question. When I cancelled Netflix a couple of months ago they did not even let my current month carry out, they just ended my service right then and there. Now, will the same happen with my Gold account or will I get to keep it up until Dec 30th?

Currently playing: