By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 lose game development by the end of the generation?

I say it will still have titles coming out for it even by the end of this gen.
There are still games coming out for Dreamcast you know and in Japan there are tons of manga 2D RPGs and hentai games released on PS2, TONS.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network

SONY end... are you crazy? Sony do not sold less console than microsoft, its just because many stupid people go buy a second or a third Xbox 360 when he got Red Ring Of Death.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

until the wii starts showing consistent new ip's going ganbusters (ie assassin's creed) then only the games that already have established franchises will go to the wii, but they will also go to the hd consoles.

basically, it depends on wii but exclusivity is nearly dead.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Absolutely not. The 360 will never get a lead large enough to justify non-moneyhatted 3rd party exclusives. PS3 isn't losing third party game development anytime soon. And even if they do, there's still the first and second party.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Probably just from the little developers that noone really cares about anyway. So maybe a couple of decent games is all?

Tease.

Around the Network

They will gain.

Please! Another nervous fanboy?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

no

simply yes, the easy porting from PC to xbox 360 it self will adding more library to xbox 360

Squilliam said:
Probably just from the little developers that noone really cares about anyway. So maybe a couple of decent games is all?

Take that, Vanillaware

Take it right in your stupid face