By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 lose game development by the end of the generation?

My apologies if this question is stupid,pointless, unthinkable of, etc etc IDK.

My apologies if this question was asked for the 39024830849th time.

Around the Network

If the ps3 picks up steam once at $299, no, but if it doesnt then I see alot of 3rd parties going to the wii, and xbox 360.

mM

there is no point in 3rd party exclusives now. the ps3 had many because it had domaninance. if the wii gains that dominance then it will get many 3rd parties, but 48% isnt enough

Before people freak out, Gearbox meant the PS2

Yes it will, but probably not in the way people fear ... The combined userbase of the PS3 and XBox 360 means that these systems will continue to get support from developers and publishers who have already been highly successful on these platforms, but many publishers will devote less successful development resources towards Wii game development because is lower risk.

Around the Network

simply, no.

kjj4t9rdad said:
simply, no.

^This

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

LMFAO

Given wiis failure as 3rd party sales given given the user base and Nintendos own sales and the costs of hd game development.

anwser is NO.

I really don't know how to answer your question.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Compared to Xbox360, probably not much, because I think releasing on both platforms is a good way to reduce the risk of development - but that depends on how aggressively MS buys exclusives away from Sony.

However, it is possible that both HD systems will start losing third party support compared to Wii.