By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBL shows signs of struggle against overwhelming odds

KBG29 said:
Can you only rent from Xbox Live or can you actually buy the movies?
What reselution are the Xbox Live Movies in? 1080p?
Are the downloads full feature or do they not have all the extras like Blu-Ray?

I am interested to know. If you can actually buy a movie in 1080p and keep it on your HDD that is freakin awsome, and I hope Sony follows suit. On the other hand if all you can do is rent I am not all that interested, and hope that Sony will up the anti with a true download service.

One last question. What about TV shows, are they on live?

This is what I am most interested in, because regardless of weather or not I can download movies in 1080p or not I will still get Blu-Ray. When it comes to TV shows though, I would prefer to have the on the HDD. So if it was possible to get Prison Break, 24, and Sienfield from the service it might be somthing I have to look into. I am sure the iTV or whatever it is apple has can get this stuff, but i hate single task devices. I would rather have a 360 and PS3 under my TV than a Wii, Blu-Ray player, Apple iTV, Cable Box, and a CD player.

So far, it's just rent. And honestly, I wouldn't rent a movie from my XBL account, I'd just prefer to get the actual dvd from a blockbuster or just buy it outright.  If it's a movie you know you will like and will want to watch again in the future, it's better to buy it.  Plus from what i remember once you start watching it, it deletes itself within 24 hours.  So imagine you start to watch it, then you have an emergency or the power goes out and doesn't come on until the next day.  You basically wasted your money. :P

Some movies they have in either 1080p or in 480p (which can be run in 1080i on your TV.)

I haven't rented one, but I don't believe they have any extras, just the movie. 

They do have several TV shows on live, for a cost.  I can't remember if they end up deleting after a time period though.   Personally, you can either watch the show on your TV for what it was meant for, or use a program like tversity (I believe that's the name) and you can find a way to stream it to your 360. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Just got my HD-DVD version of it today! Woo-hoo!

how much does it cost to rent movies on XBL? and how long does it take to download?

I believe the HD-DVD version of 300 scored a bit better than the Blu-Ray version because the HD-DVD version had a couple of different (read: better/more interesting) extras. Check the IGN review of them because I don't know exactly what the features were.

The HD-DVD version is a must have without question.

Around the Network
XboxSoldier12 said:
The HD-DVD version is a must have without question.

They're both the same thing they both got a 10/10.

http://dvd.ign.com/objects/907/907784.html

Same features and everything, what are you people talking about?

edit: If you scroll down a bit blu-ray 300 is ranked #1 and hd dvd 300 is ranked #2.

mM