By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why did Sony use the Cell processor in the PS3?

You too?

PS3 height 32.5cm

Xbox height 32.4cm

PS3 width 27.4cm

Xbox width 26.5cm

Now add the huge-ass XBox 360 powerbrick. Maybe a few HD-DVD, Wi-Fi, Xbox Charge Kit and a Xbox 360 Nyko Intercooler add-ons here and there.....

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
leo-j said:
XboxSoldier12 said:
Wii uses DVD & DVD9
360 uses DVD9
PS3 uses Blu-Ray

PS3 is the only console not using DVD as a staple of its gaming.

Are you trying to say the ps3 doesnt play dvd's?

Would you care to explain how that in any way could be taken from what I said?

No one was even talking about playing DVDs.

No one was even talking about playing DVDs.

PS2 DVD games can be played on the PS3. If it would make any sense PS3 games could be supplied on DVDs, leaving Blu-Ray exclusively to movies.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

PS2 DVD games can be played on the PS3. If it would make any sense PS3 games could be supplied on DVDs, leaving Blu-Ray exclusively to movies.

I'm aware, but PS2 is not this gen, I was specifically talking about the game formats of this generation as that was the context of the discussion I was responding to. Of course PS3 games could be put on DVDs, but they aren't and they won't, so its a moot point to even bring up. Argument for the sake of argument benefits no one, read the discussion next time before leaping head long into it.

Also, still waiting for you to respond to our other conversation.

XboxSoldier12 said:
MikeB said:

I'm aware, but PS2 is not this gen, I was specifically talking about the game formats of this generation as that was the context of the discussion I was responding to. Of course PS3 games could be put on DVDs, but they aren't and they won't, so its a moot point to even bring up. Argument for the sake of argument benefits no one, read the discussion next time before leaping head long into it.

Also, still waiting for you to respond to our other conversation.

How many goddamn accounts does Gballzack have?

Around the Network
MikeB said:
You too?

PS3 height 32.5cm

Xbox height 32.4cm

PS3 width 27.4cm

Xbox width 26.5cm

Now add the huge-ass XBox 360 powerbrick. Maybe a few HD-DVD, Wi-Fi, Xbox Charge Kit and a Xbox 360 Nyko Intercooler add-ons here and there.....
Learn to read, I said Xbox, not 360 

Seriously

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"