By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When the PS3 goes to £200 and $300, will you buy it?

Just trying to get my head around all the PS3 doom and gloom threads, IMO the price is the main factor selling 360's and not software. With that said if you do not alreasdy have a PS3, would you consider purchasing it with a $100 or £100 price cut? The only reason I hear people not wanting a PS3 yet is due to price and I would agree looking at the economica state but with that said I would expect many people to buy PS3's at that price.

Is it really and doom and gloom for PS3 or with a price cut would you buy it? Software wise I think there are reasons to own the console, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, GT5 of course etc so with that said price looks to be the major issue. Many have a 360 and that is enough for them but for me that was not the case, for one I purchased the console just for GT5......19 months ago and it looks to be another year away. +_+

Around the Network

Well depends. if the price drop occurs before I have bought a 360.. then I would seriously consider it and probably buy a PS3.. But if it happens when I already have bought a 360 then.. no...

*note: little time to actually play games prevents me from buying a 360... not the price... got other stuff to do.. work, gf, friends, life, etc*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

no...

I don't care about blue ray so I won't spend over €100-150 on it...and the games I would get are MG4, GoW3 and FFXIIIVersus... that is about it.

Had I not bought a 360 (my price point was 100 and I got a 200 deal with Halo3 PGR4 and GTA4 in may making the console relatively cheap), I would have paid up to 250 for a PS3...

I basically got disgusted by the €500 price tag these consoles had when they came out....and the €70 a game....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Yes. When PS3 cost 299€ I buy it.

Not without PS2 BC.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

It seems Sony made a mistake by giving the PS3 too many features, they should have been on built in wireless, blu-ray etc and PSN should be a subscription based service. This way they would be able to save a lot of money and sell the console cheap, people are happy to pay for these extra features separately on the 360.

NiKKoM said:
Well depends. if the price drop occurs before I have bought a 360.. then I would seriously consider it and probably buy a PS3.. But if it happens when I already have bought a 360 then.. no...

*note: little time to actually play games prevents me from buying a 360... not the price... got other stuff to do.. work, gf, friends, life, etc*

Your on a gaming forum, if you have time to talk about games you definitely have time to play games. :/

RPG said:
NiKKoM said:

Your on a gaming forum, if you have time to talk about games you definitely have time to play games. :/

Nope.. I just swing in every hour while working.. (cause I work all day behind a computer as a graphic/web/motion designer)

And the little game time that I have I spend on my DS.. cause I travel alot between meetings..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

If today it became £100 cheaper then that would make it cheaper than the Elite albeit with a small bundle. That said all 360s are pretty much a bundle right now.

On Amazon the 80gb PS3 is £289 and the Elite £219 which would make your PS3 seriously cheap.

The problem is this could never happen and so when it actually becomes £100 cheaper than today's price the Elite will no longer be £219 which makes would I buy it for a £100 cheaper not an easy answer as the industry would of moved on.

An interesting question to pose may be how long before we think the PS3 could be £100 cheaper? To answer that question you have to take into account its current market position the economies/exchanges and the huge development cost/manufacture. Which say no time soon to me.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

No.

Because they haven't made any games I want. If they made a game as original, fun, creative and awesome as for example Super Mario Galaxy for it, I would buy one at any price. I don't object to non-Nintendo games; it's that no other company has made one I like.