By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 720p videos of the Killzone 2 beta showing off each class type

See 'em at Gamersyde.

Props to BlimBlim (one of the owners of Gamersyde) and TTP (the player and recorder of the videos) from neogaf.

Edit:

Also, PSU has posted the trophies for Killzone 2:

http://www.psu.com/%5BUPDATE%5D-All-Killzone-2-trophies-revealed-News--a0005509-p0.php

The list is not 100% correct, as it is a somewhat old list, but it's very imformative.  For example, the game has ten chapters.  Of course, quite a few of the trophies are hidden trophies, and are thus quite spoilerific.

Some of the more interesting ones (read at your own peril):

Elementalslayer - Kill the Tharsis Refinery ArcTrooper in under 1 minute

Giantslayer - Kill the Blood Meridian heavy in unter 1 minute

Dragonslayer - Kill the Salamun Bridge ATAC in under 1 minute 30 seconds

Demonslayee - Kill Radec at Visari Palace within 20 minutes

Stick Around - Nail 20 Helghast to a wall using the Boltgun VC-21

Can Opener - Destroy any Helghast APC during battle

Spare Parts - Destroy all Leech Pods in The Cruiser

Treadhead - Take 30 Helghast lives whilst using the ISA tank

Mechspert - Stomp 10 Helghast with your Exoskeleton in Maelstra Barrens

Around the Network

And props to ya for posting...:D

edit: Scout looks mad cool. How's the sniper rifle in KZ2, dude? easier to handle than in KZ1?

Added a bit concerning trophies to the OP.

I like spectator mode class , seems I can't die when using it.

Million said:

Yeah, that's my one complaint about the beta.  I shoot people, and they shoot back!

It makes it so hard to win.  =|

Around the Network

MM, i was wondering when u gonna post something new about Killzone 2.

Ontopic. The battles look really intence and sounds great, agree with u Xen Scout mode looks really cool.

Also u think they will release a demo.

Oh man! that game is intense! also I like the fact that it seems that you FEEL every bullet that you hit you enemy with. Seems really smooth and real. Finally, some quality gameplay footage!

makingmusic476 said:
Million said:

Yeah, that's my one complaint about the beta.  I shoot people, and they shoot back!

EXACTLY ! , what has this world come to.

The sniper rifle handles at the basic level like a traditional in-game sniper rifle, except for one small thing: Motion controls effect your aim. If you move the controller, the camera moves, so you have to have a steady hand like a real sniper does.

From Killzone.com:

Sixaxis controller

Doug continues: “We noticed on the shooting range that a real sniper has to hold his weapon really steady before taking his shot. The Playstation Sixaxis controller allowed us to mimic the feeling of a real Sniper by taking the player’s movements and translating them directly into the game world. We wanted in game snipers to develop a steady hand, just like in the real world.”

The use of the controller is broken down in two parts. First, the yaw and pitch of the scope can be controlled by tilting the controller without rotational movement from the right thumb-stick. This gives the players fine control over his aiming, which is especially useful in 5X zoom. Second, when the controller is tilted passed a certain angle the player and his view rotates, this provides the ability to track targets without using the right thumb-stick.

Of course, the right thumb-stick functionality isn’t disabled during Sniper zoom, so players can still choose to use the conventional aiming method. However, as Doug points out: “energetic hand movements will cause scope jitter. So having a steady hand is definitely one of the first requirements if you want to become an effective sniper. You know, like the snipers that generally live to fight another mission...”

Most intuitive use of the Sixaxis I've seen yet.

Million said:
makingmusic476 said:
Million said:

EXACTLY ! , what has this world come to.

If it were up to me, I'd be given the heavy machine gun while everyone else stands there with their hands behind their backs.