By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

@shmupgurus----> Im talking about in online multiplayer and graphics department. I think many people will be disappointed if HVS didnt meet what the fan's expectations.

Anyway, sure suit yourself. But dont tell me I didnt warn you all. I will not be surprised if this game will not sell 200,000 in its first week. Maybe it'll sell in 100,000 in its first week and thats me being genrous do you?

Im just telling you all that dont believe in hype there are many disappointments regarding hype. Star Wars FU all versions was the perfect example of this...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I don't care about pushing the wii to its limits hardware-wise. I care about the gameplay - and from what I've seen so far, the Conduit doesn't look like anything special.

Hopefully it will be a good shooter, with stellar controls and impressive graphics. Since Halo, I haven't played a shooter that I considered truly fantastic. I doubt this game will be the next standard in the genre, but I have high hopes.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I have no great expectations for The Conduit, but as the first real 'run and gun' and 1st non-WWII online FPS for Wii it's a must-but for me (unless Red Steel 2 or Timesplitters 4 - if it comes out for Wii) will come out soon after, then it's debatable.

I'm not a big FPS fan, but one good FPS for Wii would suit me fine and this looks like a wonderful option.

My level of expectation in this game same as De Blob ,i won't hope it'll be the best.But i believed to get some fun from it. :)

Around the Network
yushire said:
@shmupgurus----> Im talking about in online multiplayer and graphics department. I think many people will be disappointed if HVS didnt meet what the fan's expectations.

Anyway, sure suit yourself. But dont tell me I didnt warn you all. I will not be surprised if this game will not sell 200,000 in its first week. Maybe it'll sell in 100,000 in its first week and thats me being genrous do you?

Im just telling you all that dont believe in hype there are many disappointments regarding hype. Star Wars FU all versions was the perfect example of this...

Wait, so you're talking in terms of Sales now. It's hard to say what a brand new IP on the Wii will sell, as you yourself love to point out how games that open to low sales see sales rise as time goes on. I don't think the Conduit will open to 200,000 either. I'm not sure if many people around here are saying that either.

As for the idea that people will be disappointed by the graphics How exactly does that work?

There they are. If you think the graphics are disappointing, then you've already been disappointed. If you like what you've seen, then how can you be disappointed? Or are you suggesting the game won't end up looking like the videos so far? People that are saying they like the graphics are saying it because they've seen the videos and like what they've seen, not because they read a press release and said "wow this game looks awesome!"

I guess I still just don't get what you're trying to say Yushire.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

SO... is that a xbox game or what? For a game that as hyped as Halo and Gears it sure looks like a xbox game. Or Im wrong and you cant do that graphics in a xbox...

So how different is that graphics from COD WAW and Quantum of Soalce on the Wii?

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/826185/james-bond-007/videos/bond-wii-clip-3.html

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14222041/call-of-duty-5/videos/wii_vidrev_cod5_112508.html

I didnt include some xbox games there so what The conduit thinks the engine and the graphics is special? And guess what Activision didnt even try on Qos and COD WAW. So how do you think this graphics was special?

Simply because HVS do what developers must do in a average Wii game and not a shoddy port doesnt mean we have to hype this game as the best graphics or awesome game on the Wii. If you want to see that kind of graphics why not buy a xbox game?

Like I said, this is as hyped as Halo and gears or even Killzone 2 if Wii games are concerned. And its HVS are doing the hype. If HVS wants to hype this game as it already is they should make the game as fan's expectation and not just a average xbox game. I think they should learn tips from Factor 5, they're doing a GC game just as like as xbox 360 games. Now thats what I called awesome graphics...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

It looks good for the Wii. Easily some of the best yet seen on the platform due to lighting effects (still need to see it playing on a console rather than video capture footage). How the rest of the game holds up really can't be determined without an actual play through.

Great or not, the question remains: are there enough FPS core gamers within the Wii user base to make the game a hit?

And of course there's going to be a very broad definition of "hit" for the game.

Some will claim success if it simply recovers the initial budget.

And some will also claim that it's a modest budget game despite all the care and effort that HV appears to be putting into the game, both from a developmental standpoint as well as from a PR standpoint.

CoD WaW sales rates would seem to indicate that the Wii is not the console gamers are flocking to for an FPS experience, even with the IR pointer controls.

I can't see Conduit sales approaching MP3 sales despite catering to the same audience that enjoyed it.

yushire said:
SO... is that a xbox game or what? For a game that as hyped as Halo and Gears it sure looks like a xbox game. Or Im wrong and you cant do that graphics in a xbox...

So how different is that graphics from COD WAW and Quantum of Soalce on the Wii?

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/826185/james-bond-007/videos/bond-wii-clip-3.html

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14222041/call-of-duty-5/videos/wii_vidrev_cod5_112508.html

I didnt include some xbox games there so what The conduit thinks the engine and the graphics is special? And guess what Activision didnt even try on Qos and COD WAW. So how do you think this graphics was special?

Simply because HVS do what developers must do in a average Wii game and not a shoddy port doesnt mean we have to hype this game as the best graphics or awesome game on the Wii. If you want to see that kind of graphics why not buy a xbox game?

Like I said, this is as hyped as Halo and gears or even Killzone 2 if Wii games are concerned. And its HVS are doing the hype. If HVS wants to hype this game as it already is they should make the game as fan's expectation and not just a average xbox game. I think they should learn tips from Factor 5, they're doing a GC game just as like as xbox 360 games. Now thats what I called awesome graphics...

See this is the problem. You're not talking about what the game will be, you're talking about your idea of what public perception is and how people think of it. Here's a tip. If you're going to tell us what everyone is thinking, don't. It'll probably be wrong. Of course there's interest in the game for the reasons we've all been telling you. It's a good looking game in a genre that the Wii allows great control in but has very few quality titles so far.

But as far as I can tell from this thread, you've decided that we're all expecting game of the year. For graphics, you said people will be disappointed. I responded that the people that like its graphics have already seen all the videos and like what they've seen, so why would they suddenly be disappointed when it comes out. Your rebuttal is that you don't think it looks good... What does that have to do with the people here that like how it looks?

This last paragraph doesn't even make sense. They're making a game, they're promoting their game, what they've done so far has attracted attention for what it is, not what you think people think it's going to be.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

So members here are reasonable and think the game for what it is, and not affected by the hype. But we're in minority and majority of Wii owners thinks this is a groundbreaking game and thinks this is the best game on the Wii, but in reality its just a average shooter that found in most PS360 library. Its fun, YES... it'll be a good game, YES... but will it even be GOTY HELL NO... not even close. It will not be even Wii GOTY. Thats why I created this thread for some people here that thinks this is the best Wii game ever.

Im posting this vid again to show how hype the people are and saying this is the best Wii game ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7spdXLTpgg&feature=related

Another game that sell by hype and people disappointed. Assasin's Creed. Dont let the hype influence you

E3 2010- Tape runs out