By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

YES. I did post what I did post, Im not changing my initial topic is The Conduit worth the wait and hype?

There are many people thinks this is another Gears or Halo, if you dont believe me, check out the comments here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7spdXLTpgg&feature=related

HVS, yeah, Im talking to them since theyre reading messageboards make The Conduit expected what fans expected it to be. I know there are heavy loads in your back right now, and you have hype this game well. The Wii owners are counting on you...

If not, then...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

If there is any disapointments to be had it'll be from the graphics that everyone is hoping the conduit will give them , by current standards Conduit isn't an impressive looking game when compared with the 360/PS3 how will it fare against Alan Wake or Killzone 2 next year.

People are expecting far too much from thus game.

I'm looking forward to it.

seems AAA shooter to me!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

People aregetting high budget confused with high effort. Who knows if The Conduit is high-budget. We do know that HVS is putting a lot into it though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I think people don't like the fact the Wii might end up being the FPS king at the end of this gen and that's why people are saying that "it's going to flop" or "it's going to disappoint." I know I'll pick it up after all the fun I had with MoH: H2.

i am getting the conduit on launch day, because its one of the best looking games on the wii and most likely will be the best looking game to come out on the wii in 09. also the online area they seem to be really trying to make it the best on the wii, since other 3rd party companies put a half-ass effort into their wii games. the conduit will be the fps standard for the wii, and to a point a standard for other genre of games on the wii, because it will show what effort,time,resources can produce for the wii and they also are showing that the wii can produce graphics and effects that all other 3rd party companies said the wii couldnt do and the reason they said the wii couldnt do the graphics is simple, because they never put a honest effort into seeing what the wii can actually do. another words 3rd party dev's for the most part are being lazy and releasing crap titles and ps2 port crap onto the wii and they actually expect them to sell like a title that is made from the ground up for the wii or a title that is actually using the wii hardware, thats just dumb thinking from 3rd party companies. so i think the conduit will do well in sales and review scores.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

yushire said:
YES. I did post what I did post, Im not changing my initial topic is The Conduit worth the wait and hype?

There are many people thinks this is another Gears or Halo, if you dont believe me, check out the comments here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7spdXLTpgg&feature=related

HVS, yeah, Im talking to them since theyre reading messageboards make The Conduit expected what fans expected it to be. I know there are heavy loads in your back right now, and you have hype this game well. The Wii owners are counting on you...

If not, then...

Just tell me this, what are YOU expecting from The Conduit? Is it the lack of split-screen that is creating this questioning, or maybe you're scared they won't be able to pull off the graphics and all?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

@ yushire

What's your problem? So what if people will get disappointed when they notice the graphics don't live up to Xbox 360/PS3 games? So what if people compare The Conduit to Gears Of War, Halo 3, Killzone 3 and other games? So what if people hype The Conduit and think it's the best FPS game to come for a good while on Wii?

There is hype and nice signs that the game will do good, but it might bomb. Right now, whatever for my sake. The Conduit is one of the games I'm most interested in. If I change my mind when I read a review or when I have my hands on the game, then that's then. So long as I don't have to touch a WW2 game.

The best things about The Conduit for me is:

* The game engine is built from the ground up for the Wii
* The game is built from the ground up for the Wii
* It's not a World War FPS game
* It's not a War FPS game
* It's not a port
* It ain't on other gaming systems
* I like that it is a Sci-Fi FPS game
* The Conduit is built with lot of care over a long time, unlike other FPS games for Wii
* The developers has put a lot of time to make the controls maybe the best FPS controls on Wii for a long time
* I like the Alien weapons and have no problems with standard weapons
* I like the concept of The All Seeing eye
* I like the looks of the enemies
* Good and improving graphics

What I don't like so much:

* Lacks a bit in interior design, details and art

Groucho said:
Do you guys honestly believe this game will look better than Metroid Prime 3, in the end? It seems decent from the screens, but I think I'm gonna stick with MP3 as the torch bearer for shooters on the Wii, for the time being.

From a pure graphics standpoint, I think Conduit can bring more technical detail than Metroid Prime 3, but HVS doesn't have the talent or the dev time to make it look better artistically.

From a gameplay perspective, the two can barely be compared. MP3 is about exploring the environment and killing kickass bosses in a single-player campaign. Conduit is about shooting lots of goons in a single-player campaign or an online multiplayer environment. If you don't like exploration and you love fragging people online, Conduit is automatically superior. If you love FPA, well, there isn't really any franchise for it except Metroid Prime.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.