By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

@stof: I think that was the only point Yushire had; people may end up having too big expectations considering the game due to hype. Wouldn't be the first game that suffer due to people expecting too much.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

But he's not just saying it's hyped, he's positioning it as some Tide turning demographic statement. And only a few people are.

There's plenty of reason to be excited for a Wii controlled FPS with nice graphics and a non-WW2 setting, and that's what people around here seem to be looking at it as.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Hyperion said:
^^^^
Dude, he said 3rd parties, not flagship Nintendo titles. Aside from Monster Honter 3, The Conduit is arguably the most effort a company has put on a Wii game.

Then why not MH3? Its a big budget title too why not stickied? OK call me a troll, I prefer to buy COD WAW and QoS especially if it became a budget title rather than wait till 6 months for a game that I could be disappointed afterwards.

I mean, are everyone here really willing to wait for The Conduit to come even there are good games that comes out in the system? And I did say good games if you could all play MOH: H2 even its a PSP port with good controls why not QoS or COD WAW? Is it because those games are multiplats while MOH: H2 came only from the Wii and PSP?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

stof said:
Yushire, you're saying that the game won't live up to what you've determined it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be a videogame, not a statement.

And it looks like it'll be a pretty good video game too. On a console that has been lacking in that genre; A genre in which the Wii offers an improvement in controls. There's plenty of reason to look forward to and be interested in this game as a game for what it is, not for what you seem to think it's supposed to be.

But what about COD WAW and QoS with multiplayer splitscreen mode? Atleast those games are better than MOH: H2 and Red Steel...

edit: Seem some people already understand that The Conduit isnt the game we waiting for and could be just included in other Wii games out there and not something special.

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/174394681/p1/?7

atleast IGN members gets it. Which what The Conduit should get attention with. Like other games on the system if it sells it sells but not being a special game like what hype doing to this now. Just to let you know, E3 give this game numerous awards even in graphics department so you all know what hype this game receives...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@Stof: True. But in a way, Conduit may have a lot to prove. A tide turning title is a little (much) exaggarated, but if it turns out to be a success, it propably gets more Wii-specific FPS titles to follow.

@yushire: Maybe we don't have that much Wii owning FPS fans here? Personally i don't care much about FPS:s, but it doesn't mean i would necessarily skip a good one. I have very little interest to CoD:WaW or QoS or MoH:H2, since they are gimped ports anyway, but much higher interest to Conduit and Redsteel 2, since they have a lot bigger potential of being good due to being made ground-up for Wii.
As for why not getting shooters earlier; I still need to buy Disaster, Wii Music, Super Paper Mario, No More Heroes, Eledees, Zack&Wiki, a number of WiiWare and Virtual Console titles, (to name a few) and even Animal Crossing comes before the gimped down shooters. If i make a guess, that Wii (only) owners in general aren't shooter fans, i believe i'm not that far off. We have a lot of time to wait for a shooter we see worth getting.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
@Stof: True. But in a way, Conduit may have a lot to prove. A tide turning title is a little (much) exaggarated, but if it turns out to be a success, it propably gets more Wii-specific FPS titles to follow.

@yushire: Maybe we don't have that much Wii owning FPS fans here? Personally i don't care much about FPS:s, but it doesn't mean i would necessarily skip a good one. I have very little interest to CoD:WaW or QoS or MoH:H2, since they are gimped ports anyway, but much higher interest to Conduit and Redsteel 2, since they have a lot bigger potential of being good due to being made ground-up for Wii.
As for why not getting shooters earlier; I still need to buy Disaster, Wii Music, Super Paper Mario, No More Heroes, Eledees, Zack&Wiki, a number of WiiWare and Virtual Console titles, (to name a few) and even Animal Crossing comes before the gimped down shooters. If i make a guess, that Wii (only) owners in general aren't shooter fans, i believe i'm not that far off. We have a lot of time to wait for a shooter we see worth getting.

Wii core owners always crave for FPS even what its worth. Thats why they always bite gimped ports as long as it have decent gameplay. To tell it frankly, Im glad theres a game like QoS and COD WAW even we knew its just a gimped port of HD console versions. Atleast you dont need to empty a whole clip to make your opponent dead. And with COD WAW and QoS growing userbase  on the Wii I think this will be a wake up call for Activision to step up and realized that theres a audience for these kind of games on the Wii.

About Red Steel 2, its like Final Fantasy Crystal bearers we just dont know when will they released this or will released this at all...

And about The Conduit, it doesnt mean I dont like The Conduit but as for me, its not really that special. There are more games I want to buy than The Conduit. I dont even bought Sonic Unleashed or Tomb raider Underground yet... BTW theres already a patch for the lever glitch on Thailand. For me, I really dont trust the hype, anyone remember the hype sorrounding Star Wars FU? All versions? What if its the same as The Conduit?

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Every 3rd party good effort on the Wii is definately worth supporting, even if the Conduit is not a AAA FPS's title on the platform, it still shows how much effort HVS are putting into it creating a good Wii engine. If they provide a solid shooter that's good enough for me.

i think its worth the wait its going to be awsome the graphics look like some of the best ones on the wii theres only 2 things im weried about and thats that the shooting might not be refined engouht and the online might be pay&play and that would really suck

So is the fact that it's stickied on VGchartz part of the problem? The people here are interested in it. They want a good FPS on the Wii that isn't set in World War 2. Why not Monster Hunter? Because it's primarily a Japanese interest game? Because it just hasn't been stickied?

Your original post states "is it even worth the wait?" and then says "Im just posting this for anyone who still expecting much of this title, the 3rd party quality titles already proven, Monster Hunter 3, fragile, House of the Dead Overkill, marvelous titles, Skate it, Shaun White snowboarding, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, etc... so whats HVS tries to prove?"

What does good third party games have to do with interest in the Conduit? What is HVS trying to prove? They're trying to prove they're developing a game called the Conduit?

Yes, there are other FPS's. Quantum of Solace is getting piss poor reviews, Call of Duty Wii has just come out, and despite not having much sales front end, we have no idea where it'll go (not to mention it's monster sales on the HD consoles have a lot to do with the success of CoD 4 on those same consoles). But again, what does that have to do with interest in the Conduit (which has that awesome gun where you can guide the ammo after you shoot it... That looks like a lot of fun!).

No one is saying it will be the Wii's first quality game or hardcore title. It's just a game that has a lot of appeal because of it's graphics, genre, controls and non WW2 setting (and lots of other tidbits we've heard about it)

I think it will be a great game. If it isn't a great game then yes, a lot of people will be disappointed.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well, its obivous its going to be a great shooter without a doubt. However, I am not saying that this game will draw the huge hardcore gamers to the Wii but it will bring attention to those who believe that the Wii is not capable of having a hardcore fanbase. At least this game is step towards building a hardcore fanbase for not just the Wii but Nintendo.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY