By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

Whoa, wait a minute? You go out of your way to make threads defending Quantam of Solace but decide that you've got a bone to pick with The Conduit?

You're either a very confused person or an amatuer concern troll.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Whoa, wait a minute? You go out of your way to make threads defending Quantam of Solace but decide that you've got a bone to pick with The Conduit?

You're either a very confused person or an amatuer concern troll.

His posting history suggests the former.

yushire said:
[...]

I dunno, I just hope no one will be disappointed about this if its just a average shooter with great graphics on the Wii and good motion controls. [...]

Isn't this what we all want anyways? I don't get your point here. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Do you guys honestly believe this game will look better than Metroid Prime 3, in the end? It seems decent from the screens, but I think I'm gonna stick with MP3 as the torch bearer for shooters on the Wii, for the time being.

While I appreciate the support High Voltage exhibits towards the Wii, I think the hype is somewhat undeserved. Such high expectations can be hard to live up to.

Around the Network

We will all see in six months.
Ironically, when the Wii has a game pre-hyped, everyone complains that it can't make expectations.
When the Wii has a game un-hyped, everyone says that people need to know more.

All I know is I plan to by Conduit

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Looking at High Voltages previous games, it doesn't look too good for Conduit.
Then again, this is a game that's been built ground up for Wii, so it's not a cheap or gimped port, when the game actually should be in a different league.

As for the game being an average shooter, most of the big selling PS360 titles are average shooters. Maybe Wii owners expect more, but it definately haven't hurt game sales on either platform.

As for the hype, the game is getting, it may hurt sales for people expecting too much from the game. Personally, i'm more interested in Redsteel 2, but i may pick Conduit up anyway, depending on the reviews.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

yushire said:
whacker41 said:
yushire said:

OK since The Conduit will be released on May is it even worth the wait? Even with games coming out on the system? Some people thinks that this game will be the trendsetter as far as Wii core gaming goes especially with the 3rd parties. But to tell you all honestly, its not even close SURE its an awesome game but its not as expected it to be. Im just posting this for anyone who still expecting much of this title, the 3rd party quality titles already proven, Monster Hunter 3, fragile, House of the Dead Overkill, marvelous titles, Skate it, Shaun White snowboarding, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, etc... so whats HVS tries to prove?

If this is the first good FPS title on the system I can agree with it, but a core title?!!

I dunno, I just hope no one will be disappointed about this if its just a average shooter with great graphics on the Wii and good motion controls. But I'm waiting more on Madworld and Fragile than this title. Half Life series was still the best FPS game to me.  I cant say about Goldeneye 64 because I didnt played it yet...

Wait, so you are saying that the wii has no good FPS games? What about COD5, Medal of honor heroes 2, or even COD3?

... Wow, i just realised that the only FPS games on wii are WW2 shooters. But back on topic, you must have liked at least one FPS game on the wii. Oh, and the conduit will be worth the wait for wii owners. It's not often Third-parties risk big-budget games on wii, and i think the risk will pay off.

We're not even sure if the game is a high budget like SMG. For all we knew the graphics will be end up as a high end xbox game. And yeah, the only FPS I bought on the Wii was MOH:H2. So a better game than MOH:H2 was enough for me, thats why Im waiting for COD WAW to be available. I even want to buy QoS for the Wii if its available here...

Well, i'm not sure how high the budget is, but looking at it, i'm certain it's better than A LOT of other Third-party wii games. Oh, and of course it won't be a high budget like SMG. SMG was a definite multi-million seller, Conduit however might not even break the 500k mark, so they couldn't take THAT big of a risk.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

I don't understand the question. Worth the wait? What does that even mean? If the game will be good, it's going to be good nomatter how long you waited, or whatever you are doing. We'll see if the game turns out good, but I'd advice you to stop waiting, and start playing some games, or do whatever you like to do, to pass time.

Yushire, you're saying that the game won't live up to what you've determined it's supposed to be. It's supposed to be a videogame, not a statement.

And it looks like it'll be a pretty good video game too. On a console that has been lacking in that genre; A genre in which the Wii offers an improvement in controls. There's plenty of reason to look forward to and be interested in this game as a game for what it is, not for what you seem to think it's supposed to be.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.