By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

bdbdbd said:
@Yushire: Look. How many FPS games there are coming for Wii that look even remotedly worth waiting for? Conduit and Redsteel 2. How many FPS games Wii already has, that have been worth waiting? None. We don't know yet, whether Conduit will be a game in retrospect that was worth waiting, but considering it being made ground-up for Wii, it does have the potential.

If i'd buy CoD:WaW today, it doesn't mean i wouldn't buy Conduit when it comes out, but since i'm not interested in CoD or the other existing shooters, so i wait for Conduit and see if it's worth buying.

Its already settled the debate is finished so Im not debating anymore. Especially I realized that The Conduit isnt hyped as it used to be like Gears and Halo. So everyone will not be disappointed on this game because they expected on what need to be expected of this game.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Wait. There's something other than "average" shooter? The FPS genre has pretty much been the same old stuff for the past years, I haven't played anything thus far that made me say "this is amazing!"

@Bardicverse: There is: bad shooter.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

^^^^ Ah, I stand corrected. On that topic, which is the worst you've ever played?

Turok Evolution.

That's the last really bad shooter I played. Turned me off for awhile.

Thinking back to that tripe just makes this thread that much more absurd.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Was that the one on GC? That one was pretty awful.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Turok Evolution.

That's the last really bad shooter I played. Turned me off for awhile.

Thinking back to that tripe just makes this thread that much more absurd.

Oh god I'd forgotten all about that until you mentioned it just now. I can't believe I actually beat that game, what the hell was with the storyline? Some Indian and Cavalier fall into a portal that takes them to some bizzaro dinosaur world and the cavalier takes over the bad guys? What the fuck? And it had those terrible flying segments, ugh.

@Bardicverse: First that comes into my mind would be Alien vs. Predator. I believe i didn't play it much but online, but the online was horrible.

The GC one you mean is propably Geist.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@Bardicverse: First that comes into my mind would be Alien vs. Predator. I believe i didn't play it much but online, but the online was horrible.

Ahh, I love Alien Vs. Predator, or at least the version I played. (Alien Vs. Preadtor: Gold Edition for PC [2000] ) Maybe because I never did play it online, but I was hooked on the single player stuff. The alien missions were the most fun for me. Crawling around walls and biting people's heads off without them even knowing it, and leaping past automated turrets. Good stuff.

In fact could you really classify the Alien campaign as a shooter? You can not shoot, anything. It's all Melee as a Xenomorph. Even though I never played it online, I did screw around with multiplayer using bots. One map where you start near the escape pod from Alien 3 and there's nothing but a huge stretch of land and a few weapons untill you get to this tiny bunker loaded with goodies. Infinite Alien bots come after you, and even after you make it to the bunker, it's only a matter of time before they bust in through the ceiling.

bdbdbd said:

No no. I meant which Turok. I remember the one on the GC being pretty bad.

I actually liked Geist